Re: Marks Models Model Meetings this Saturday at 18:45hrs

Model related events around Ireland... or close to it.
Vinny

Re: Re: Marks Models Model Meetings this Saturday at 18:45hrs

Postby Vinny » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:26 am

Fab turnout, great selection of models on display and excellent demo by Wayne. Thanks again go to Wayne for being such a super host. Nice to catch up with the lads again over drinks afterwards [smilie=beers.gif] Excellent night all round so roll on the next one!

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

Wayne E

Postby Wayne E » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:22 am

Next meeting will be in Marks Models Saturday the 28th of October 6.45pm - 9ish , all welcome. I shall be doing a demo on something interesting using a material used in large scale modelling which i haven't played with in 15 years. Please bring a model or work in progress. All welcome free tea and coffee supplied.

d_anonymous_modeller

Postby d_anonymous_modeller » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:51 am

Yet another packed meeting with a very good demo of using glass fibre in modelling by Wayne.Here's s photo of the demo.

Some shots of the show n tell - all excellent models on the night.

A big thanks to Wayne for the night & enjoy the rest of the weekend,
Anon. ...

Bl1tz

Postby Bl1tz » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:30 pm

Very enjoyable meeting as usual ;)

LiamD

Postby LiamD » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:19 pm

Great meeting as usual, thanks to Wayne for the demo.
'One of these days I will get my eye in'

jaydee

Re: Marks Models Model Meetings this Saturday at 18:45hrs

Postby jaydee » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:03 am

Excellent again. Turnout even better than last month's. :DX

Even got seats in The Poor Relation afterwards.....during the Jazz Festival !

Wayne E

Postby Wayne E » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:00 pm

Thanks to all that came and thanks also to those that displayed, a really fantastic standard is being set by all involved. We had an even bigger attendance this month at 23 people in all. I think we may face a few challenges with the amount of people attending, I would not want to discourage people from coming far from it, the opposite I feel would actually benefit the meetings as we have seen by the large range of diverse modelling subjects shown at the meetings.

The challenges are really as follows.
1. Trying to do a demo that everyone can see in a comfortable, relaxed and informative manner.
2. Displaying our models and talking about them in a way that everybody can see and hear.
3. Maintaining our current structure e.g. a loose collection of like minded individuals that have an interest in modelling.

Basically we need a bigger space and one we don't have to pay for. E.g. A room above a pub that a portion of us would then a drink at after the meeting or a community space provided by the council, arts council, heritage ireland, UCC, CIT.........ect. I'm pretty sure the Cork Historical Society, Munster Railway Record Society and Western Front Association have these problems too. Any ideas or contacts would be great !

Lastly I will be holding the November meeting in the shop as per usual, but i won't be doing a demo, anyone else want to do a demo and would like to step up to the plate please let me know.

Regards. Wayne

Bl1tz

Postby Bl1tz » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:07 am

Wayne I can step up with a demo if you want as I told you before ;) .. probably it’s not a subject who everyone are into but this can be applied in other future projects I believe.
About the space you are right it’s getting very tight but I believe someone might have some kind of contact with cork council to get a space for us for a couple of hours once a month :)

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:45 am

Understand the problems but the model shop has its own little Attraction too. Bit of a Rummage around without the Great unwashed (well there are a couple present:) ). Pity it is a wee bit of a squeeze now.
Cheers

George

Spud

Postby Spud » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:09 pm

if you want some kind of Demo on weathering let me know. Bl1tz offered first so ill do the one after that :)

Return to “Events”