I'm going to keep this one simple (famous last words!). Hopefully I can get this one done in time and may even have a go at finishing another. I had plenty of candidates to choose from for this GB but this one was in good shape to fit the bill.
I plan to finish a 1:144 Zvezda A320 with PAS resin conversion to complete NEO (New Engine Option) version in Airbus house colours as shown below.
I started this kit on New Years Eve last year, as I really fancy building something that day and this was in arms reach, and on New Years Day Revell sent out an email listing some of their new releases for 2017. Of course, included was a new tool A320neo due for release in November!
I started the kit with the intention of doing a WIP so took a few photos before the build began. I decided not to go ahead with the build thread as it was a pretty uneventful build. Here are a few shots of the box contents, resin engines and sharklets (winglets), and the decals I will be using.
And this is how it stands at the moment.
The resin engine pylons have been added and the winglets have been attached and everything blended in. All the resin parts have been primed with Mr. Resin Primer. The build so far has been fine with the toughest part being getting the resin parts cleaned up (they were quite flawed and brittle) and getting them blended in and matching panel lines on the kit with the new parts. I also added new antennae to the roof as I removed the originals to get a better finish of the seam on top. It's been sitting like this for a few months as I lost my modelling mojo and I've been pretty busy with life. Hopefully I can get it past the finish line before the new Revell one appears on the shelves. Doubt it though, but I will try
Thanks for stopping by!
Made a bit of progress. I test fitted the engine cowls and noticed that there would have been some unsightly little gaps. I also noted that the pylons needed to be reshaped where they meet the cowls as they were too curved. My initial plan was to paint these engine parts and then attach them at the end but I decided, because of gaps and shape issues, to superglue them on now and sort out all the issues. It means more awkward painting and masking but the results look better already. I needed to give the parts a blast of resin primer again but then hit it with an overall enamel primer.
She's ready now for the white paint to go on. I'll have to do the fuselage first then the engines as I can't paint them all at the same time because it would be far too difficult to hold and store while drying. I normally build up white in light layers over one session per day. I'd imagine the fuselage and engines will take 4-5 sessions each so it'll be a couple of weeks before I get the white finished I'd say
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest