Cross of Iron

DAVY

Re: Cross of Iron

Postby DAVY » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:41 am

Looking great there Brian :o)b

Simson

Postby Simson » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:30 pm

looks very great........makes me wanna start my T34-85 too.....mine has clear hull and turret with internal parts so will partly paint that one

good plan to finish it when you feel it is finished iso rushing

Dennis

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:45 am

Thanks lads, really enjoying working on this one as the T34 is a fantastic subject for weathering. Got to do more work today and did more weathering on the tank and also added the decals and the tow rope to the hull. More weathering was also done on all areas of the tank to achieve that dusty look that I wanted. I also added just some small battle damage to the fenders.

I didn't want to do the same numbering on the tank as in the screen shot as in the movie as I just think was to plain and boring :o0 for me and so I opted for my own turret design and also there and was no way I was going doing a Russian T34 model without putting one of those Soviet slogans on the turret as I absolutely think they look so cool, and so I raided the decals box and found the perfect ones I was looking for. The Soviet red star was applied central in keeping with the T34 in the movie and then the slogan decals were added and also I added a larger tank number decal, applying some slight scrathes and chiping to them as this T34 has seen a lot of action on the Eastern front.

So here are more progress shots of my Soviet T34/85

So hopfully I will be able to make some progress on the diorama that this one will be going into but time and circumstances will no doubt dictate otherwise, the tank itself is more or less finished as a model in its own right and I am very pleased with how it turned out and it has me itching to make one of the other T34s in my stash :D

Cheers, Brian [smilie=smiley-transport023.gif]

martay

Postby martay » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:55 am

Wow Brian as a stand alone kit that tank is a real beauty, with the screen shot behind you have done a great job of duplicating the look and weathering, very nice indeed, this is going to be awesome when added to the fantastic dio your putting together, fair play man [smilie=thumb.gif]
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:32 pm

Thanks Marty, I constantly used the screen shots as much as possible and hopfully I got the weathering and color as close as I could to the tanks in the movie. I really didn't like the turret numbering in the tanks in the movie that much and so decided on my own system and I think looks much more visually effective and adds more interest to the T34/85 :)

Brian :o)b

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:51 pm

Fantastic progress on the tank Brian... the weathering is really nice! You've got the look spot on with the movie. This build is really coming together now. :DX Looking forward to seeing the base being added.

Vinny [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:43 am

Thanks Vinny, really happy with how this one turned out, still some work to be done on it but overall its more or less complete and now its on to the next stage of this project :idea:

martay

Postby martay » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:55 am

really nice Brian, and good to put your own touch on her, the dusting and colouring is very close to the screen shots ya got it bang on there man, id like to see her in the flesh,great work very impressive im jealous of your ability to reproduce a idea in your head so well :DX
Mary :lol:
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:16 pm

Thanks again Marty, really happy with the decals I chose for this one as I said before there was no way I was doing a T34 without adding those slogans on the turret as they are so cool, I prefer the larger numbers as well.

Hopefully the base will be ready for me soon and I can drive on with the rest of the project but the man who is making it for me is very busy, but he has promised it will be done for me soon, I want to do a trench/bunker so need the base to continue on with the project. Ill get the anti tank obstacles and the figures done alright tho.

Return to “ISM Goes To The Movies”