Micheal Collins

d_anonymous_modeller

Micheal Collins

Postby d_anonymous_modeller » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:24 am

Micheal Collins

The 1996 film starred Liam Nessan,Aidan Quinn & Julia Robberts,was written & directed by Neil Jordan.It was a historical biopic of Micheal Collins the Irish patriot & revelutionary who died in the Irish Cival War.When released it was the top grossing film ever in Ireland making 4 million Irish Punts.

I was thinkin over a few subjects for the group build & decided to do this one & if I get it done quickly I might squeez in another one later.I picked up this Shamrock Miniatures figure of Micheal Collins at the IMSS show in Dublin last weeend.Its a 1/24 scale resin figure so tis only a little fella of the big fella,it will also be my first attempt at a figure.Its available on their website http://www.shamrockminiatures.com for 22 Euros.

This is a pic of the parts which have the pour sections cut off & mostly cleaned up.To give a bit of scale I photographed it on a cd cover but I just noticed my faux pas.Sorry John Lennon fans,another great man shot dead.
I gave the figure a clean-up in warm water & washing up liquid & a bit o light scrubbin with an old toothbrush to remove the release agent used to help ease the figure from the mold after casting.Left to dry overnight so might get round to giving it a lick of paint tommorow.

Till next time,
Anon....

Spud

Re: Micheal Collins

Postby Spud » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:31 am

Balls if i knew he was at the show ild have asked George to pick one up for me. :o8

at least its not paper this time :P

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:53 am

groups building when you should of been in Bandon.....Tut tut.......its gonna take you a while to do this one I'd say!!! Are you going to re sculpt the face into Liam Neeson?
Cheers

George

d_anonymous_modeller

Postby d_anonymous_modeller » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:08 am

Hmm,now thats an idea.Paper mache a Liam Neeson head onto the figure :lol:
This one will be out of the box,its a very well sculpted figure,nice detail & should look good when finished.
I wouldn't really call washin a figure groupy buildy,went for an Italian & Murphs.How did the gig go Georgie Boy??
Anon....

modeller

Postby modeller » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:46 am

Great choice... I will follow this build egearly. I registered with shamrock miniatures and will get one of these... I hope he does a Finucane as well.
Veni, Vidi, Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Spud

Postby Spud » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:39 pm

Anon dunno if you know if you most likely do but give the resin a good wash first.

Chris S

Postby Chris S » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:20 am

Its a nice figure , picked up a couple at the show myself :) looking forward to seeing some paint .

Chris.

Spud

Postby Spud » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:28 pm

Good Lordy its Chris......

d_anonymous_modeller

Postby d_anonymous_modeller » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:46 pm

Hi all,
unfortunatly I didn't get much done so far so a small update.
Gave it a wash,trimmed off remaining seam lines & flash.Drilled a 2mm hole in his left foot (thats a totally different movie) to recieve a metal pin to secure him to the base & aid handling while painting.

Hole drilled in the base & dry fit.I picked up the base at the IMSS show as well for Euro 9.

I'll give it a basecoat of paint tommorow night.
Slan,
Anon....

Spud

Postby Spud » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:35 pm

Nice Base Anon. i need to pick up some of those

Return to “ISM Goes To The Movies”