The Last Chase, Lotus Type 79 1978 JPS F1 Car

beowulf

Re: The Last Chase, Lotus Type 79 1978 JPS F1 Car

Postby beowulf » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:55 pm

just looked it up on imcdb......it was in the movie.........somewhere :lol: .... its when the authorities are working out what he did before the oil ran out........its there for a few seconds

at 0:13:30

sorry, could only find the Mystery Science Theatre version :lol:

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:13 am

[smilie=coffeescreen.gif] A few seconds!!! You're really chancing your arm with that one Dennis :D But seeing as this is one of three builds you're doing for this GB then we'll say nowt... and it should make a very interesting build and sweet model too.

Ooooh, gloss black! Never an easy one. Show's up all imperfections and dust. It'll have to be a flawless finish... no pressure at all! ;) Hehehe!

Never heard of the IMCDB... just ooked it up. Very handy! Nice one Paul :o)b

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

Simson

Postby Simson » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:58 am

I never saw the film at all........didn't miss much I think either!
I thought it would be totally and absolutely ok on the nicest, bestest and friendliest site in the world.

I'll try to make it as shiny as possible by polishing and maybe waxing it.....usually always something goes a bit not ok so I just enjoy the ride and see where it ends up.
There is always another Lotus to do..like the Martini type 79 one in BRG.....I like that one too, and the type 72 will be a good one.
I think I will get a few more F1 cars of old, they have a charm just like some old movies have.

Dennis

Simson

Postby Simson » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:55 pm

I hope to receive the photo etch soon because I cannot really start without it

Simson

Postby Simson » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:39 pm

Still no pe frets arrived

Simson

Postby Simson » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:24 pm

Just got the tobacco decals in the post...hope they work in a couple of months time.
It's a full set that replaces all of the included Tamiya set fortunately because the yellow is a bit brighter on the new sheet.

There was also a set in gold for the previous model Type 78 which really started the ground effect experiment by Lotus.
Costs way more so it's a shame...however I think I will get that kit later too and then decide what decals will go on.
These kits and therefore the decals are so popular that the prices are ridiculous.

D

Simson

Postby Simson » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:59 pm

Just received the pe (also made by Tamiya for this set and not included) and to my surprise it included the blue seatbelt "stickers".
You need to cut them out and loop them through pe buckles etc...wonder how that goes.

The pe parts for the belts are loose: not connected to the fret but stuck on a sticky back so no need for sanding of the attachment spots...good stuff!
It will look better than decal seatbelts......I don't want to use those on such an obvious place, rather leave them out then.

Now I feel I can make a start with this kit, this evening maybe.

The other JPS Lotus type 78 kit by Tamiya has pe stuff included.....I get that kit this year too I think.

Dennis

Spud

Postby Spud » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:31 pm

sweet, are the belts that sticky canvas kind? and there easy enough to put in the buckles

Simson

Postby Simson » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:05 pm

No, I know which ones you mean...they are fine and no prob....would have liked them here too.

Mine were surprisingly included with the pe set so I'm happy enough with it...they are more like plasticky sticker material.

Simson

Postby Simson » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:46 pm

I'm having awful trouble uploading pictures...it fails all the time for some reason and it takes 10 minutes to get there before it fails GVD.

Anyway I managed these pics sofar:
PE and the seatbelt "stickers"
The PE is good quality made from stainless steel and I can't cut them with a blade w/o bending them so I'm using a cutter.

Built the engine main parts and the front brakes with pe. Also the underbody with lower front wishbones.
Needed to add 2 pe discs in a blind "hole" in the underbody...looks like the hole is for a screw to connect the car to a stand? Anyway it is now blocked with those discs. Maybe it gives a better internal appearance or the body was also used for another car w/o inner details?
Painted the wheel centres gold.

I've given up for the pics for now...maybe tomorrow Photobucket is better?

D

Return to “ISM Goes To The Movies”