Before I could think about glueing the steering handles to the Bat-Pod I had to get Batman assembled so I could see how he sits on it (not very well I found out!).
Here are the constituent parts of The Dark Knight himself
And here he is assembled... not a very flattering pose for Gotham's hero (don't say a word George!!
The moulded scallops on the gauntlets are truly naff... lumps of thick plastic that would be no use in reality. These had to go!
I replaced them with thin plasticard cut to shape and I think it's a massive improvement.
I see from the photo that I'll need to even them out a bit more so hopefully they'll be able to withstand some light work with a needle file. I'll have to be very careful when handling the figure when painting as I don't hold much hope for them staying on. I made sure the rescribing at the seams was complete before I attached the scallops so it's just painting that's left to do. An etch fret with some scallops would have been nice!
Detailing the Bat-Pod has come to a standstill because I need some plastic rod. We seem to be having an Evergreen Plastic sortage in this country for the last few weeks. C'mon Marks Models... get the finger out!