The Dark Knight & The Bat-Pod

Vinny

Re: The Dark Knight & The Bat-Pod

Postby Vinny » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:26 pm

Thanks lads!

Simson wrote:It's not that big is it......Hpw long is that bike in 1:25 scale btw?

It'll be about 15cm when complete Dennis... that will probably be from the tip of the cannon to the back tyre. So not that big at all.

BrIAN332 wrote:Christan Bale was brilliant as Batman.Bane was also an excellent character.

Totally agree Brian! Bale was the best Batman ever and Bane my favourite villian ever! Absolutely awesome trilogy. I'm looking forward to The Man Of Steel too as it look really good!

Cheers!
Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:20 am

Hey guys!

The main frame of the Bat-Pod is assembled but a certain sections aren't cemented together yet for ease of handling and adding extras.

It went together without any issues and only needed filler here and there to tidy up some joints and remove a few ejection marks. I'm liking the look of it so far! 8-)

You'll see here some areas were I added some filler and created a nice fillet by rubbing it down with nail polish remover. This gave a more welded on appearance to those parts jutting out.

Next up is detailing this frame with some extras and adding pipes and wires. I'm waiting on some various diameter lead wire to arrive in the post so hopefully it won't be too long more. [smilie=pray.gif]

I think I'll have to get started on the figure so that I can test fit him on the Bat-Pod before I glue the frame into position.

"Tune in next week!Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!"
Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

Simson

Postby Simson » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:19 am

kapow!

Spud

Postby Spud » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:01 pm

lol Very Nice Vinny.

Simson

Postby Simson » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:12 pm

is the model sturdy or flimsy when finished
it looks fragile enough, so careful handling I think.

tell us what happened to the tyre problem

D

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:15 pm

Simson wrote:is the model sturdy or flimsy when finished
it looks fragile enough, so careful handling I think.

It definitely isn't up to much man-handling in certain parts. I've deliberately not glued or attached certain parts for ease of handing during the detailing stage. I think it'll get more and more fragile and awkward to hold as I progress... the main area of concern will be the handles and foot bars.

Simson wrote:tell us what happened to the tyre problem

Some good news on this front today! :D I emailed Moebius last Friday and they got back to me today apologising and said they'll be putting a new tyre in the post tomorrow. Excellent service and they've won me as a loyal customer.
They also told me that the Tumbler will be available in 4 to 6 weeks [smilie=banana.gif] [smilie=newbanana.gif]

And another bit of good news... the lead wire that I ordered arrived today so I can now press on with the detailing stage :)

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:37 pm

Howdy fellas!

Before I could think about glueing the steering handles to the Bat-Pod I had to get Batman assembled so I could see how he sits on it (not very well I found out!).

Here are the constituent parts of The Dark Knight himself

And here he is assembled... not a very flattering pose for Gotham's hero (don't say a word George!! :X )

The moulded scallops on the gauntlets are truly naff... lumps of thick plastic that would be no use in reality. These had to go!

I replaced them with thin plasticard cut to shape and I think it's a massive improvement. :o)b

I see from the photo that I'll need to even them out a bit more so hopefully they'll be able to withstand some light work with a needle file. I'll have to be very careful when handling the figure when painting as I don't hold much hope for them staying on. I made sure the rescribing at the seams was complete before I attached the scallops so it's just painting that's left to do. An etch fret with some scallops would have been nice!

Detailing the Bat-Pod has come to a standstill because I need some plastic rod. We seem to be having an Evergreen Plastic sortage in this country for the last few weeks. C'mon Marks Models... get the finger out! [smilie=pdt_nunu.gif]

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

Spud

Postby Spud » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:00 pm

what size you need Vinny i have a shot of it here that ill bring into the meet next week

he is looking good so far, wont be easy to paint thats for sure

Simson

Postby Simson » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:20 pm

woof

quite good detail anyway.
You replaced those things very well, looks sharp and 2000001x better.

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:43 pm

Evergreen is on the way, should be here I think next week, hope there is double amount for the popular stuff. Same with the KS Brass that will be topped up as well.

I say that pose is more suited to Catwoman really!!
Cheers

George

Return to “ISM Goes To The Movies”