What grabs you on a build

General chit-chat about modelling in all genres.
kpnuts

What grabs you on a build

Postby kpnuts » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:02 pm

Hi all I was wondering what grabs you on a build, by that I mean what makes you stick with a build ( obviously the title has an initial grab factor) yes if its a topic you are interested in intially you will watch it but then you may loose interest quickly, but what keeps you watching a build is it the skill, artistry, subject or the way the build is posted ie humorous, technically accurate maybe historical info. My builds tend to be here is a an update oh here is another oh and an other which I realise is so boring and to make it worse I tend to write it on one site then paste and copy to the rest (we all do it) I want to improve in my posting, so what's lacking. I realise I can't be an expert in all the genres I build in (I like so many) but I've noticed you don't have to be an expert to get loads of views and comments so it can't be solely down to knowledge or skill. So what is it that gets people following a build. Subject matter, skill, knowledge or some indefinable amorphous thing.

Vinny

Re: What grabs you on a build

Postby Vinny » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:51 am

I don't think there's a winning formula Ken. I find the subject matter is the most important thing. If I have a model in the stash (or plan to buy one) I will tend to follow a build more closely. Outside of that I like the technical aspect of the hobby so I like detailed step-by-steps on painting techniques etc. I always hope to learn something for build threads. What annoys me are big jumps in progress and then I'm left wanting to know how something was done.

Just keep doing what you're doing and enjoying yourself is the main thing.

All the best,
Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

stephen8718

Re: What grabs you on a build

Postby stephen8718 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:07 am

When it all goes well and there is no nasty surprises or hicups, thats what keeps me going as you can see the progress and enjoy the build.

Return to “Model Talk”