Telford haul 2016

General chit-chat about modelling in all genres.
BrIAN332

Telford haul 2016

Postby BrIAN332 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:20 pm

Modest haul from Telford :oX

Priority number one on the day was to get this baby, delighted got the version that comes with the British infantry figs, was very very very tempted to get a Meng one as well but well pleased with my Tamy one

I just love Dragon figs

Apart from the Tamy Mark IV this was my fav buy and bargain of the day, comes with the complete set of the Frozen Battleground figs as well

Miniart

Masterbox set to go go now wit the Tamy sidecar in the stash for a real muddy Eastern Front scene i really want to do

The French ICM set that were also on the wishlist for the trench dio ive started, absolutely crisp top class figs

Some Tamy old reliables, damn i forgot to get Miliput for making sandbags

My beloved Treemendus dio hedgerow material,

Bases which most of them boys will end up on :oDY

Overall well pleased, was one or two fig sets that i wanted but just cudnt find, the bargains are there to be got at Telford plus if you shop around you will get the deals, could of picked up a few kits in the kitswop area but that queuing up wasting time is not for me,now its back to the bench................tomorrow [smilie=thumb.gif]

arni

Re: Telford haul 2016

Postby arni » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:33 pm

Nice haul.
Nigel.

Wayne E

Postby Wayne E » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:59 pm

What a f$%king disaster Telford was, we were on the train at 8.09 and ended up getting there at just after 12.30, went to the kit swap and i've never seen it so picked clean in my life ! could only stay for 2hrs before i had to shoot off. At least i got all my paint list and a couple of kits. But the time for looking and pain staking hunting was gone. The only picture of the whole trip i got was my plane home from Cardiff.

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:35 pm

Finally getting around to putting my haul up. It was a very reasonable haul, I didn't pick up any unplanned bargains, apart from the F-18 resin burner cans that I was on the look out for over the years and they were in the kit swap. Everything else I had planned to get and they weren't discounted.

The fuselage on the sprue is for an A300-600. It's a new release by F-RSIN and comes with the parts needed from the Revell Beluga kit. I already had a spare Beluga kit as I got one years ago that arrived in the post with its fuselage smashed so I only needed the fuselage parts for the conversion. Laurent was kind enough to sell me the fuselage only for €11... instead of €36 for the full kit.

Apart from the train/tram mess it was a great day. Very rushed so no time for chatting with people or checking out club tables but managed to get the best of the show in and picked up what I needed.

Roll on next year!
Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

arni

Postby arni » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:37 pm

Very nice Vinny. :D
Nigel.

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:49 pm

that Shorts looks an interesting kit, whats the brand? never seen one of those before

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:24 pm

beowulf wrote:that Shorts looks an interesting kit, whats the brand? never seen one of those before

Hi Paul, it's a 26Decals (link here) repack of Eastern Express plastic... and it's way cheaper than the EE version! The 26Decals kit retails at £17 while the Eastern Express boxing is going for about £28 :shock: Nice enough kit but not worth £28 that's for sure!

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:35 pm

cheers, must keep an eye out for that

Return to “Model Talk”