1st Cork Model Fair 18th of November 2012: 1300hrs-1800hrs.

Past events from 2012
Spud

Re: 1st Cork Model Fair 18th of November 2012: 1300hrs-1800h

Postby Spud » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:04 pm

haha Thanks FabVinny. Yea there was a huge turn out for it and we are Delighted it was received so well.

Also Welcome to the forums Its great to see someone resisted on here from yesterdays event it says we have done something right :)

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:58 pm

The model fair yesterday was brilliant and what a huge turnout,it was great to see the amount of interest that is out there in the hobby,some of the displays were unreal,the detail in the railway model layouts,aircraft models,armor,boats,dioramas etc was unreal,the ISM display caught loads of peoples attention and people were amazed with the quality and standard of models on display,we were all kept busy answering questions from people about the models,the types of model,how they were made,painting tecniques,weathering techniques,how we get the ideas for the dioramas etc,some people cudnt get over the fact that some of the models were actually plastic :o :shock: :o because they were so well done and finished :The variation of models on display on all the different tables was great to see and the amount of effort put in was amazing.

There was some great bargains got by loads of people and i noticed a lot of people with more than one box,cheers spud for the miniart russian cargo truck,just what i was looking for the group build,and the dio i have planed for that project :D ,nice one,i think loads of people got something that that were looking for which was great to see :D

just saw de paper(echo),great pics,pauls panther looks class,looking forward to next years one already,great credit due to George and all involved again :DX

cheers,Brian :o)b

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:04 pm

Well done again everybody, it's something we can all be proud of. Here's a scan of the article in the Echo for those that didn't see it. It's great to see the kids had a super time as that's what it's all about... fun! They're the next generation of modellers and sometimes the fun suckers take the hobby far too seriously and scare people away from it.

Yesterday I was chatting to a couple of chaps who have already expressed interest in doing something next year for the fair... but we'll be keeping ideas close to the chest at the moment so that the lurkers don't take them as per.

Welcome Fabvinny! Great to have you with us!

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:09 pm

Love the ISM Card on the tank, Who managed to put that there?, good touch, pity its a bit small though!!

G
Cheers

George

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:26 pm

Just to clarify lads it was a FAIR and not an show, I am sure we would not of had the numbers if we just had a display of one kind of modelling, It would be too specific. Also every one and all had a part to play in the event and thats what made it great. I would say though please don't start commenting on other exhibitors as personaly would like to have them take part next year, as I say it was the variety that made it success it was and we are all there to promote the hobby. :o)b

cheers

George
Cheers

George

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:58 pm

I think the fact that is was a fair is what made it successful. The mix of trains, planes, tanks , boats, cars, film memorabilia and so on meant that there was something there for everyone. I love to look at a nice dynamic train layout and then browse a stash of bargain models next to it :lol:

It certainly keeps the interest up and entertains the kids having all different things to look at instead of entirely just static plastic models.

It should definitely remain as a fair for all the family, young and old.

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

vw8243

Postby vw8243 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:40 pm

Thanks G and well done, self and the brother had a great day relaxed and enjoyable . [smilie=thumbsup02.gif] :DX
Image Image

martay

Postby martay » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:29 pm

lads what a great day we had, great to meet more faces and see all the savage work first hand, big thanks to all the lads who pitched in and got things set up and taken down, and a man of the match to George who was tireless (and shoeless) in his dedication and commitment to the event [smilie=thumb.gif] FAIR PLAY !!!!!!!
Im really lookin forward to the event next year as the lessons learned from this one will serve to make the next one bigger better and more succesfull, my failure to supply Peter with a banner was a terrible faux pas im deeply ashamed of my lack of social etiquette, wont happen again [smilie=pray.gif] i agree with the idea of coming up with a list of jobs needing doing and seeing who is willing to do what, i think we got somewhat caught by the sheer numbers which descended on the event, which only goes to validate the Fair idea as opposed to just a model show, without a doubt it brought the families in and they are the grass roots of the next gen to take this hobby up, also the timing i think is good before but not too close to xmas.
Ya i do rem myself and Brian havin quite the delighted oogle at our finds, i have to say ive added a third to my stash on the day, really enjoyable few pints afterwards and a good brainstorming session too, thanks again george [smilie=thumbsup02.gif]
Again guys utterly blown away by the event and cant wait till next year, thanks to all and hope to catch up again soon [smilie=banana.gif] [smilie=banana.gif] [smilie=banana.gif]
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

Wayne E

Postby Wayne E » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:55 pm

So to think that this was just suppose to be a little kit swap that snowballed into one of Ireland's Largest model meets this year is a tribute to the tireless work George & Co. put in. Well done to everyone especially to Vinny who without this forum The Fair would have only been a shadow of what it really turned out to be. Well done roll on Cork Model Fair II !

martay

Postby martay » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:05 pm

Well said Wayne, bigger badder n better next year, cant wait :D
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

Return to “2012 Archive”