1st Cork Model Fair 18th of November 2012: 1300hrs-1800hrs.

Past events from 2012
Boreham

Re: 1st Cork Model Fair 18th of November 2012: 1300hrs-1800h

Postby Boreham » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:08 pm

Pulled a few kits from the hoard this evening.
looking forward to tomorrow ....this has grown arms and legs since it was mentioned at the meeting a few month's ago.
fair play George.
loads of kits.... but no confidence to build...!!
Fear of failure..has me this way..

Spud

Postby Spud » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:28 pm

i Can do George. ill get the other half on Ticket duty

cuda44072

Postby cuda44072 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:26 pm

Hi Lads

been missing from forum for a bit way too busy with work, called into the Model Fair today, bought a few bits and bobs, well done to all involved, great show hope to see it again next year,

if any help required in org the event again ill be available,

well done again

Fionbarra

Postby Fionbarra » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi Folks,

Just a quick note to congratulate all involved in today's model fair [smilie=first.gif] ! It was top class - great selection of interests and also plenty of items for sale. It really surpassed my expectations ... hopefully this is the start of an annual event!

More than a few more items added to the stash, including some 'proper' Klear, put a few faces to ISM forum avatars and got to meet Joe Maxwell & Radu Brînzan in the flesh - thoroughably enjoyable day!

To George - well done mate & thanks for putting the Hudson aside for me [smilie=thumbsup02.gif]!

Regards, Barry.

Boreham

Postby Boreham » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:13 pm

I reiterate Barry's. Comments. On top effort today. [smilie=first.gif]

Unbelievable volume of people passed through today.

Sorry I was there earlier ..to help.
But not getting the location right was enough to suggest I'd be no. Help!!

Hope it becomes an annual even around this time of year.

Great day IMO.
loads of kits.... but no confidence to build...!!
Fear of failure..has me this way..

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:03 am

Lads thanks for the comments but don't forget we could not do this without all you guys giving up your time and patience today, I know what it takes to get stuff ready but in the end I think it was worth it.

There were loads of people helping today so thanks to you all for that, It was appreciated greatly.

I would estimate around 400-500 guest's but dont forget a lot of those were famlies which was the target we were going for which was great for kids interest and the adults!!

All The displays looked great in both rooms a testament to the quality of modelling in Cork. A couple of spills and little breakages but a little glue will have them back as new.

We hope to do this next year again but one thing I learned is that we need more help before set up for sure so we may look at a panel of people to assist with the running.

Oh and I need a new pair of shoes as mine let in half of theRiver lee it seemed today.

Again thanks one and all from taking the time to get something up and running in Cork, It was long overdue!!

off to the bath now to ease my aching legs!!

Cheers

George
Cheers

George

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:12 am

Now that was a proper model show! Gents, I think that was an a resounding success all round! And it just shows what can be done with the right attitude, some comradery and the the right man, with the tenacity and personality, organising it all. Without being biased, I have to say that it was by far the best model show I've been to in this country. This has set a benchmark which others will try to copy but will fail to beat (but I think we're getting used to being copied these days). [smilie=whistle.gif]

A massive thanks to George who has slogged it out with this one for the last few months. It was a credit to you! I'd also like to thank the members of this forum who turned up to support the event in any way... visiting, buying, selling, displaying... we all deserve a pat on the back. Hopefully next year we'll have even more guys on here making the trip to the show.

Special thanks to Anon, Brian, Martay, Wayne, Leo, Paul, David, Peter and Peter (Spud) who, without even been asked, helped out with the setting up, manning and break down of the Irish Scale Modeller tables and also populating it with a fantastic variety of models to suit all tastes. It certainly was a colourful display and attracted some huge amounts of visitors. Hands down the best display table there... but of course it would be! Great work guys. [smilie=first.gif]

I didn't hear one complaint and everyone left with something... be that a purchase (or a few) or a smile... OK, maybe certain people couldn't raise a smile during the day but that had nothing to do with the event. I think one image that will stay with me was looking down the ISM table and seeing Martay and Brian sitting down grinning like Cheshire Cats, immersed in the bargains on their laps that they had picked up. That's what it's all about! :D

I'd also like to apologise to Anon, Marty, George, Leo, Brian and Wayne... I just realised from Spuds photos that the Challenger only has one nose gear door (you'd think I'd know a bit more about the models I make). So sorry for making ye get down on your knees at the end of the day looking for something that was never there. :oops: No model casualties which is a good thing after so many close calls. A cattle prodder for next year was a great suggestion! [smilie=poke.gif]

It was also good to relax at the end of the day and enjoy a couple of drinks with some of the lads courtesy of George and the event profits (thanks George!).

Roll on next year, and it should be even bigger! I'm going to come prepared with some more coins for change and some food. I managed to chew on the same bit of gum for 7 hours! And I should really have sat down at some point too. We might have to set up a massage room next year for break times.

Great work everyone! Job very well done! :o)b

Vinny [smilie=sleeping.gif]

Spud

Postby Spud » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:49 pm

Woohoo were in the Echo :)

totally Agree with Vinny. Our show Blew that shambles in Dublin apart by Miles,

I never got a pic of the whole table of ism display because there was so many people there. but i think we could have done with another table.

i also noticed late on that i had no ism banner on my Table :( never even dawned on me, Clearly Martys Fault.

All in all it was a resounding Success and hopefully we will get some new members to bolster our ranks :)

DAVY

Postby DAVY » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:52 pm

Well done George and the lads for putting on a great show yesterday :DX heres hoping it will even bigger next year there was some great models on display and bargains to be got @o) and i hope george took it easy today as he deserves it . [smilie=first.gif]

fabvinny

Postby fabvinny » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:21 pm

hi guys,new to this forum.would just like to congratulate everyone involved in yesterdays fair,it was well worth the 50 mile drive to get to!i think ye may have to get more room if ye do it again next year!!
well done.

Return to “2012 Archive”