1st Cork Model Fair 18th of November 2012: 1300hrs-1800hrs.

Past events from 2012
Georgeconna

1st Cork Model Fair 18th of November 2012: 1300hrs-1800hrs.

Postby Georgeconna » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:58 pm

Hi All,

Its now official.....ISM Brings....

The 1st Cork Model Fair
Imperial Hotel - Morgan Room
South Mall
Cork

November the 18th from 1300hrs to 1800hrs. Set up time will be from 1200 to 1245hrs.

Sellers Table cost: E10.00 Dims 8ft x 2ft

As this is the 1st time this is being held in Cork at the moment it is planned to have one room with a Total of 17 Tables of Collectables, Model Trains, Transport Artwork, Plastic Kits, Diecast, Books and anything connected with the Collecting and modelling World. There will be a selection of Built Plastic kits on display.

Tables are E10 Each and these are going fast. Should I have more interest in the event I may be able to move the the ballroom which can holds 35 tables.

I will be sending Text out to all that have expressed interest in this event and have reserved a table later tonight and I will require a E10 Deposit to secure the table before the event - NO Exceptions. This is non Refundable should you not show up on the day.

Public entry is E2.00 per Adult or E3.00 for a Family.

If any one has related material to sell please get in touch ASAP either through PM or my Phone: 087-9863158 as space is limited.

Thanks to everyone for the positive interest so far and I hope to be able to maybe have a Second one next year but with a more Emphasis on Model displays. I would appreciate it if you could spread the word though friends forums etc and lets make it great.
Cheers

George

Spud

Re: 1st Cork Model Fair 18th of November 2012: 1300hrs-1800h

Postby Spud » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:52 pm

oh cant wait :)

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:05 pm

Page on Book Face now, Try to spread the word lads. Posted gen pending on People Republic of Cork forum, Irish Railway Modeller and the IPMS Forum.

Heres the link to FB.

http://www.facebook.com/CorkModelFair
Cheers

George

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:18 pm

Nice one G! You're motoring ahead. Facebook page up already!! :shock: I'll have to get going on making some simple signage asap.

Looking forward to this... I need to start planning what I'm going to offload. Already in mind are a few bits and bobs that can't be found in the shops these days.

V [smilie=thumb.gif]

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:07 pm

I'm Bust, FB Page set, up, Forums Alerted that I am on, 125 texts just sent, If you got a text asking for cash and you have paid then don't worry about the text. Were cool!!

tks

George.
Cheers

George

Spud

Postby Spud » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:04 am

Good man George

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:35 pm

All,
I have reached the Max Capity of 17 tables for the room now.

If any one is looking for a table their will be a provisional list take and should I get another 20 or so then I will upsize to the bigger room. I have no doubt that some of the orginal people will not confirm so space may come availabe neared date.

I have a few other people looking to trade/sell models so their may be an option to double up with some other guys to share the cost which is handy.

Their will be a table from ISM so any of you lads interested in sticking a model on the table then let me know so me and vinny dont have to bring loads!!! IPMS will have table as well showcasing their stuff.

I will also have a local (starving) Artist Kieth Wright that will be selling some Lovely prints. You will easily spot him as he has 1 ear missing.

Cheers

George.
Cheers

George

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:20 am

G, I've been thinking about this. If space is at a premium now and seeing as this year the focus is primarily on trade, wouldn't it be a good idea to give guys who want to sell priority over any club table? If you get enough for the larger room then not a problem but if you don't then I'd personally rather see more things to buy than some static models (but something like a working railway layout would be more interesting, especially for kids).

May I suggest, since all tables are currently allocated, that club tables be combi tables where models are displayed and traded? Guys can represent their clubs and also sell their gear. This will maximise the amount of room available and get a couple more sellers in. As this event is not affiliated with any club /society (the exception being Irish Scale Modeller as it is not a fee requesting club but a free community) the focus should be on trade for the public and maximising space for this purpose. The greater percentage of people visiting will be there to buy after all. I'm not aware if other clubs have intentions to display but take IPMS for example as you said they might. I don't know how many members they have left in Cork but judging by the monthly Cork Model Meet, there are not too many. The majority of the local active modellers are independent and on here. I suppose you can't ask a Cork man for twenty quid for nothing for too long. :lol: Too wise! Anyway, my point is that, as you know from past events, their club tables can be quite sparse with models so I would suggest letting a couple of IPMS lads use the table to display their models and also sell off their kits. If they want their own dedicated club display table fair enough but the lads who do represent the club will have to fork out for two tables if they wish to trade (one for display/membership generation and one for selling) and we possibly lose out on a seller table because of a small display on a large table. But if you get enough sellers and the larger room goes ahead then there won't be an issue with extra display tables... but even at that we need to avoid under table selling as with club tables at Telford. And one table is more than enough per club. I'm sure club membership fees will cover the costs of their own display tables (as the purpose of these is the generate club revenue by membership anyway) leaving its members to sell on their own trade tables. 

Let's for now, with the smaller room, get as many sellers squeezed in as possible and worry about club displays later. Hopefully we can get Joe Maxwell and Radu in there as well.

I also hope management have R.O.A.R. ;) We don't want a certain nutter from Limerick [smilie=frantic.gif] turning up just to cause trouble and threaten other modellers with violence. He'll be out on his arse if he does!

Good work George and thanks! I'll chat to you next week when I price up a few bits for the event.

Cheers!
V [smilie=thumb.gif]

Boreham

Postby Boreham » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:09 am

Wonder would the hotel have a Burko boiler and some disposible cups..
I'll supply the tea bags and coffee.
loads of kits.... but no confidence to build...!!
Fear of failure..has me this way..

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:51 pm

Boreham wrote:Wonder would the hotel have a Burko boiler and some disposible cups..
I'll supply the tea bags and coffee.

Working on that one Mr B. Thats a Given...

G
Cheers

George

Return to “2012 Archive”