d_anonymous_modeller wrote:Happy St. Patricks Day lads,
I know she's worth it & will stop traffic n what not but for the life of me I can't get the hang of this hairspray technique.
Hilarious! Is that the mother-in-law's hair?
Your right Dennis she can be a bit strange.
At least I finished off one Dirty Russian today.....
a bit more paint on & a little more paint off.I broke off the pitot tube which lasted much longer than I was expecting since it was hangin off before I bought the kit.
Need to do the wings again I took off too much I think,otherwise workin out as planned.I also started on a base made from plasticard but no pics of it yet.
Later ..... Anon.
d_anonymous_modeller wrote:Yup thats the Mother in Laws bazz alright I thought yourself or Pat might recognise it.Ha ha.
A projectile came flying out out my nose and onto the keyboard I laughed so much at that. Thankfully I'm not familiar with it ... but I wouldn't put it past Pat!!
Nice update, that paint job is certainly unusual. It's like a pearlescent finish. Can't wait to see where you go with this.
just a small update.I guess the paint looks a little weird alright Vince.Wouldn't know where to start if you asked me to make a Pearlesence paintjob.It'll all come together in the end.
Cheers George,for the serial I cut a mask using Frisk Film - "its a low tack soft peel masking film".I got it years ago in Cork Art Supplies.For the paint Tamiya XF-18 Medium Blue was used I think but probably mixed to get a lighter shade till it looked right,then airbrushed on.The fuselage was later lightly shaded with a dark grey & light grey colour but just slightly over the top of the serial.It will get a little more paint soonish.
Got a pic of the base - thick Plasticard made to look like a paved tarmac with a few cracks so far... more to do in time.Tis fairly small only 5 x 6 inches.
Not much done to the base,maybe I'll do it tommorow?
The fuselage is masked using clingfilm if your wonderin whats goin on in the pic.
I had a problem with the hairspray on the top wing - it removed some of the base paint so the only thing to do was strip the paint & start again on the top wings & tailplanes.This is my first time using acrylic on a model so I Googled to find out what to use to safely strip acrylic from a plastic model.Came accross a guy who tested four household products,so I skiped to the end & he said Dettol is the one.So out came the Dettol,I only needed a small drop brushed on & left it about 15 min. & then scrubbed a bit with an old toothbrush & washed off with a little cool hand lukewater.Most of the paint came off so I re-Dettoled the remaining paint & it was clean in five minutes.Nice tip & it doesn't harm the plastic.Pic below of the strip.
I repainted the wings in a dark grey colour & a light satin clear to seal & left it to dry.A little light blue was also painted in the intake & on top of the tail masked off using liquid mask.
I painted the Polish nation insignia on the bottom wings using a mixed light grey colour,a square stencil cut from Frisk Film & sprayed it freehand using the backing paper of the Frisk to spray the patern.It wasn't 100% accurate but it didn't matter as the paint was scraped off with a toothpick & brush using the hairspray technique.It worked very well I think.
Thats where its at now,thanks for looking - more later,
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest