late out of the starting box - I seen the hare go past a few days ago ah well.Got the stomach bug the last few days & cleanin out a garage so not much progress.
This is the KP Models MIG15UTI dug out from the stash,I probably got it second hand because the box looked ancient when I got it in the 80's.
Basic enogh kit,not too many parts but it has rpl's so I sanded off the raised lines & rivets.Gotta scribe new ones now.What have I left myself in for?
The plan is to do one I saw in the Aviation Museum in Krakow 2 years ago.I'll try some stuff like salt weathering or hairspray doos which I never did before & only heard about in the last few months.
I probably wont get much time to get stuck into this in the next few days,gotta clean the chimney & whatnot for the big fella.
Looking forward to seeing this one come together
You've been hit badly with stomach bugs recently Hope you'll be in good shape for next week!
not got much done with any modelling lately but done some rescribing on this & will plug on.
Got about 98% of the scribing & riveting done,nothing special - some parts could be better but improving all the time.I also cut out the airbrakes so will scratch up new ones & the inside panels.She's an old kit so parts don't join perfectly as expected so some filler & sanding to do along the way.Also not many parts to it so I'v e glued the wing halves together already & will start painting the cockpit & little fidly bits soon.Heres a couple of pics of whats done so far,not too much time left to get this finished on time but will give it a bash.
There looks even less parts in this kit now that it's off the sprues. Are you going to put it on a base?
Nice one lad!
I sanded the canopy for a few hours with Micro Mesh & got it back to an acceptable condition since it is going to be finished dirty n all.Still a hint of a few patches of fog.I've since givin it a slight tint using Klear (old concoction) mixed with a little Tamiya Smoke.It needs another coat or two,I had a wee problem with it pooling so I think the trick is to give it a few thin layers leaving it dry each time.I'll post a tinted pic when shes done.
Almost done with the pit as well,I don't know why I did so much here since not much will be seen when the canopy is on.I added a few small details using Milliput.Paint is a mixture of enamel & just started using Tamiya acrylic for the first time.Nice tack.
The airbrakes were cutout,I havn't started on new ones yet but I'm workin on filling in the holes.In the open position you see the jetpipe & the workins of the airbrakes so I used the kit exhaust & glued the narrowest plastic sheet I had onto it to extend the jetpipe up to the start of the airbrakes.It only needs to be curved at the bottom - thats all will be seen and a few bits of plasticard used for guidance & the boxed in area of the inside brake area.3 strips of Milliput on the jetpipe for detail on each side.
Check for fit etc. Tight fit!
View from the outside - sorry for the poor pic.
A bit more rivetin on the tail,cockpit almost ready to fit,exhaust & intake ready so the fuselage halves can come together followed shortly by joinin wings.
More photo n update soon I hope.
Cheers for lookin lads,
Nice work with the pit... you must be nearly cross-eyed from all the painting of those dials. Did you have the brush with one hair out?
Air brakes are looking good too... very nice way to add some interest to the kit.
Heres the tinted canopy,I didn't sort out the pooling problem as it doesn't matter much with this dirty bird.Again its a mix of Klear & Tamiya Smoke.(will do better next time).
The cockpit more or less finished.Afew more bits added using Milliput seatbelts etc.The one haired brush is locked away in a stalled kit box.Next time I use it there might be more hair on it than the top of me bulb.Ha ha.
Just a shot of them both together.
More as soon as I upload photos on Photobucket.
Thanks for looking,
small update again...
Glued the two halves together with noseweight,cockpit,exhaust & nose intake.Not a great fit in some areas so used some Milliput & Mr. Surfacer to fill the gaps.Then sanded & glue on some smallies that fell off with all the handling & replaced some that will never be found again.She was a rattler (loose noseweight) so I used Georges trick of mixing white glue & a little water with some washing up liquid.I couldnt get at the noseweight easily so the mixture was sucked up with a pipette & squeezed out behind the back seat & it flowed down to the nose.Problem solved,cheers George.
The filler has since been sanded but needs a little more round the nose followed by more sanding.Canopy has been masked as well so will go on soon.It needed a slip of plasticard to fill a gap & will need a good bit of filler as well.It looks too wide for the cockpit but I cant fix this one.
Thanks for looking ,
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest