Dirty Russian ww2 Dios

Vinny

Re: Dirty Russian ww2 Dios

Postby Vinny » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:00 pm

Brian that is absolutely class! I really eye catching dio for sure. Can't wait to see it finished. Well done!! :DX

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:48 am

Cheers Vinny,nearly finished with this one now just fine details and loose ends to tie up :)

Did some more work on the base/groundwork and added in some debris and abandoned materials from old spares boxes in the form of some old wheels,timbers etc to add to the effect and some extra detail.I also built a small wall behind this using old leftovers from tamiya brick wall sets.Some loose bricks were also added in for detail.I also added in some more high grass yet again using the bristles from decorating paintbrushes and just painted them up to blend in.I also added a sign for Berlin to the telegraph pole and will add a few more for effect before im finished,this again comes from Tamiya and their excellent roadsign set.The wires i must do next,they will be cut and hanging down.

The varnish is all dried up now and i was well pleased with the wet look effect that it gives as that was what i was looking for.I also got a darker varnish for the frame and have gave that a few coats and prob one or two more before im done.Must just add weapons and equipment to the soldiers themselves now next and small bit more dusting and weathering on the wall and debris area,so heres some more WIP pics over last few days :)

Debris field,wall built and more high grass added behind fence area and groundwork varnish dried up :)

Pics taken out in natural daylight over the last couple of days,thanks for looking,

Cheers,Brian :o)b

DAVY

Postby DAVY » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:59 am

First class work there brian [smilie=first.gif]

FUBAR

Postby FUBAR » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:25 pm

Wow that's just excellent I didn't think there was much else to do but obviously there is :D looks very realistic and gritty [smilie=first.gif]

Simson

Postby Simson » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:59 pm

Bloody fantastic and a good choice of stuff that is just in the right place I think!
One day I'll give it a go because a model on a dio looks great.

I also like your excellent weathering of the tile background.....that looks nearly like real algae.

Dennis

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:07 pm

Jeekers, Just checking in on this one, Looks fab, Love the Mud, Just like my garden!!!
Cheers

George

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:09 am

Thanks for the comments lads,tryed to make this one as realistic as possible anyhow and just tryed to tie everything together and have everything blending in and also used up a lot of stuff i had in spares boxes which came in very handy,was well pleased with how the 'mud' turned out and will def be doing a few more dios like this,my italeri german opel blitz truck could get stuck in even worse mud than this russian gaz :idea:

Hope to finish it off tomorrow and also try and finish the field kitchen dio which kinda took second place to this one,but its just a matter of finishing that one off as well,i got the same frame for that one as well and the base is fixed to it,must finish off the figures and accessories and fix them in place then,should have both these dios with me anyhow at the meeting at the end of the month :)

Cheers,Brian :o)b

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:00 am

Absolutely fantastic Brian! Love all the added detail and the mud is superb! Top notch work [smilie=first.gif]

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

d_anonymous_modeller

Postby d_anonymous_modeller » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:28 am

Lookin Dirty Brian :o)b
Anon...

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:33 am

Cheers lads,it worked out mostly how i had planed anyhow for the Dirty Russian build :)

Brian :o)b

Return to “The Dirty Russian Build”