Excellent work Brian :DX

beowulf

Re: Dirty Russian ww2 Dios

Postby beowulf » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:21 am

awesome.......really really nice

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:54 pm

Thanks lads,im enjoying working on these ones,nearly there now and time to get back to some german stuff :)

Simson

Postby Simson » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Nice looking stuff, dirty mess....
Make it really bad for them!
How will you do the wires?

Dennis

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:21 pm

Cheers Dennis,trying to make em look as dirty and muddy and realsitic as possible anyhow without going over the top and also avoid looking fake as can easily happen with some dios.I found very thin wire in my shed and will be using that for the telegraph poles,the wires will be cut and hanging down,will attach with some superglue.I will be doing some more debris and abandoned materials there in the grass are behind the wooden fence as well,will also be raiding the shed for that and the trusty spares box :oX

Cheers,Brian :o)b

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:54 am

Ok did some more work on the groundwork in the form of giving it a few coats of clear varnish and also added a few puddles just for some variation,varnish is great for this wet look effect and esp for the wet muddy slushy look im after for this mudbath and the russian workhorse and the red army soldiers trying to free it,Also found the fifth man who went awol for a while :?: and he now has been added at the back as well.On we go.....

So when this all dries up ill do some dry brushing over the top in parts and also will be adding more high grass in parts behind the fence and some i think at the front were the abandoned fuel drums are.

Cheers,Brian :o)b

martay

Postby martay » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:12 am

that mud looks fantastic man really realistic, you must post up the recipe that you used as its very similar to the effect i want for my dio with the isu. this is very good bit of work mate well done and cant wait to see the full thing up close, very impressive :o)b
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

Simson

Postby Simson » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:16 am

I'm amazed, great stuff

Spud

Postby Spud » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:35 pm

Mud!!!!!!! that's a lota mud Brian :D

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:33 pm

Cheers lads,im lovin doin this one now after a frustrating start with the truck itself and its fit issues [smilie=wall.gif] ,the dio is just taking on a mind of its own now,did some more high grass and debris/rubbish tip area behind the fence there now and will get some pics up later.The varnish is working out just as i had planed and achieving the wet messy look i was after.Ive also been raiding my old spares boxes for bits and bobs and just one or two more fuel drums etc will be added without to much as less is definitely more now as this stage in the build.Thanks for the comments again lads :o)b

Just another ref and reminder of what it realy was like and some the ref im working off in trying to make as realistic as possible [smilie=pray.gif] This German driver is still waiting for a push :D

Later,Brian :o)b

Return to “The Dirty Russian Build”