They took days but the engines are finally assembled, flaws are fixed, cleaned up and lost panel lines rescribed.
I also picked up some bargains on eBay which will come in handy. Another set of etch (I didn't pay that price for it!) which I might use some parts. And some paint masks to make life just that little bit easier with this already problematic build. The extra etch and second paint mask won't go to waste as I've another civvy version of the An-12 in the stash.
I'll try to keep the momentum going
them Engines cleaned up real nice
Wing tips get the navigation light treatment. Thanks to The Anonymous Modeller, I finally managed to see some detailed photographs of an AN-12 which exposed the incorrect shape of my attempt at the nav lights. I'll adjust them with some careful masking and bulge them out a bit with clear paint at the end. They'll do!
Engines are now on the wings and surprise, surprise, the fit is pants! Some plasticard shimmies and quite a bit of filler needed to get them presentable. I'll give this filler a few days to shrink before I sand it.
Thanks for stopping by!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest