Forum Upgrade & Downtime

Here you'll be kept up-to-date with upgrades, outtages etc.
Admin
Site Admin

Forum Upgrade & Downtime

Postby Admin » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:11 am

Hi all!

Over the next few days there will be intermittent downtime due to upgrades to the forum... which will hopefully solve the posting issues some members have reported. Things may look a little different as some of the old modifications won't work anymore but it'll eventually settle down after a while... when time comes available to do the cosmetic work.

Hopefully it will all go smoothly and the forum doesn't break! :o|

arni

Re: Forum Upgrade & Downtime

Postby arni » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:59 pm

Like the new look,if there are any probs just bung some WD40 on the offending parts. :D :lol:
Nigel.

arni

Postby arni » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:44 pm

One question,will there be a multi quote function or not?
Nigel.

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:00 pm

Thanks Nigel. It's all very temporary at the moment until I get the time to make it look a bit nicer. Right now it functions and that's the main thing. I had to upgrade it in two stages going from one version to the next as it was a very early version it was more stable to do it that way. It's not the latest phpbb version available but it the best version I could put on that was able to run on the Blacknight servers which use PHP version 5.3.3. To get the most up-to-date version of the forum the server has to be running PHP 5.4 at least. I'm hoping Blacknight will upgrade soon and then I'll be upgrading the forum again. That's why I'm not too fussed about putting too much time into this version ;)

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:02 pm

arni wrote:Like the new look,if there are any probs just bung some WD40 on the offending parts. :D :lol:

arni wrote:One question,will there be a multi quote function or not?

Is this the multi quote you mean? If so, then it's possible by clicking the " button on the posts below the reply window to add the ones you want.

arni

Postby arni » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:47 pm

Admin wrote:
arni wrote:Like the new look,if there are any probs just bung some WD40 on the offending parts. :D :lol:

arni wrote:One question,will there be a multi quote function or not?

Is this the multi quote you mean? If so, then it's possible by clicking the " button on the posts below the reply window to add the ones you want.
Admin wrote:Thanks Nigel. It's all very temporary at the moment until I get the time to make it look a bit nicer. Right now it functions and that's the main thing. I had to upgrade it in two stages going from one version to the next as it was a very early version it was more stable to do it that way. It's not the latest phpbb version available but it the best version I could put on that was able to run on the Blacknight servers which use PHP version 5.3.3. To get the most up-to-date version of the forum the server has to be running PHP 5.4 at least. I'm hoping Blacknight will upgrade soon and then I'll be upgrading the forum again. That's why I'm not too fussed about putting too much time into this version ;)

Ahh got it thanks. [smilie=first.gif]
Nigel.

Spud

Postby Spud » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:14 am

ewww :o8

this needs some tarting up for sure.

Wouter

Postby Wouter » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:53 pm

Will there be a tab where you can see recent posts and threads immediately? Would be handy, like on the old version...
You can't model properly without boozing Duvel, :D

vw8243

Postby vw8243 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:29 pm

Wouts
If you go to top left corner- quick links you get active topics :wink:
Image Image

Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:07 am

Wouter wrote:Will there be a tab where you can see recent posts and threads immediately? Would be handy, like on the old version...

I'l hopefully be adding this again when I get some time at the weekend. As Leo pointed out, it's up under the quick links at the top left corner but I'd rather see this in a more prominent position that's easy to get to as I use it a lot myself.

Spud wrote:ewww :o8

this needs some tarting up for sure.

:lol: Damn right! I'm going to add a nicer theme but I won't be worrying too much about it as I'll be updating the forum again when the servers are capable of running the upgrade.

Return to “Site Announcements”