howdy howdy howdy

Welcome to the ISM forums. Feel free to say hello and tell us a little about yourself. We don't bite!
chiefohara

howdy howdy howdy

Postby chiefohara » Thu May 07, 2015 1:43 am

Hey everyone,

This is an hobby I have taken up in the last 6 weeks and all I can say is I am hooked.

I work as an actor professionally but this is a creative output that gives me a wonderful sense of satisfaction and calm. I look forward to learning from and contributing to this community. I have already gotten a commission from my local to build them something interesting

martay

Re: howdy howdy howdy

Postby martay » Thu May 07, 2015 1:53 am

Howdy Chief, welcome into the hobby, like the way you find calm in this art, it does require patience and time, a nice way to work and think i find, and the satisfaction in developing your skills is very rewarding. Hope to see some of your work and always feel free to ask any questions, glad to have you aboard :o)b
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

chiefohara

Postby chiefohara » Thu May 07, 2015 2:08 am

Thank you martay, I have done a few models, mostly starter kits but anything I think worthy ill add :)

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Thu May 07, 2015 10:58 pm

[smilie=post1.gif]

Hey Chief! Welcome to ISM and welcome to this great hobby! Once it takes hold it never lets go! Looking forward to seeing your work progress and as Martay said, any questions just give us a shout!

What the genre of modelling you like?

Welcome aboard!

vw8243

Postby vw8243 » Fri May 08, 2015 10:35 am

Welcome Chief
always great to have new blood in the hobby ,

welcome,
Image Image

jaydee

Postby jaydee » Sun May 10, 2015 3:51 am

Welcome Chief, It`s a great hobby alright but I will give you one piece of advice,pick a larger scale in whatever your fancy lies. The Christian Brothers said I would go blind if I pursued another pastime so I took up scale modelling.Which seemed like a good idea at the time.However I picked 1/72 scale,AKA "Braille "scale and for good reason.
Ah but it`s all good clean fun in the end.By the way beware of the "Stash". Nuff said. :o|

Return to “"Hello! My Name Is..." New Members Introduction”