Say Hello...

Welcome to the ISM forums. Feel free to say hello and tell us a little about yourself. We don't bite!
rvb_cocardes

Re: Say Hello...

Postby rvb_cocardes » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:27 pm

Thank you for your comments !

Happy Easter ! Happyness and Peace from France !

martay

Postby martay » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:53 pm

And to you too mon amis [smilie=thumb.gif]
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

vw8243

Postby vw8243 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:53 pm

I See all you Lads didn't learn your french from Del Boy like i did :?
Image Image

Bobbi

Postby Bobbi » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:48 pm

Hi, everyone.
I am new, and I am not a modeller, but my husband who recently passed was. I have begun to go through things. It is a slow process, but I have found that he was quite the hoarder and I have boxes and boxes of plastic bits, sticks, stakes, tubes etc. I can list specifics if anyone is interested. My husband was a aerospace historian and usually made rockets, planes, shuttle so the emphasis of pieces is in that direction. I also have decals, and other letters, and other sticker type do dads. ( I am sure that there are correct titles, and my husband would cringe at the description!) Anyone interested? I am in Kerry.

rvb_cocardes

Postby rvb_cocardes » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:47 am

Dear Bobbi,
Very sad to read this kind of message. I offer you all my condolences.
Concerning your request. Here is what I think, and what I'd like my family will do when I pass away. Hope this thought pattern will help.

All my already modelled kits have to stay and displayed groupped in the same place. The best way is to give this batch to an aerospace museum. Some of the small museums would be happy to reveive them. Maybe, they have a library too and can do the best with all my books.

For my boxes of model kits, a friend will separate different batches. The model kits which are rare and collectible will be kept by my friend (the goal is to create a model kits museum in a near future). All the non collectible kits will be shared between batches sold in auction sales and batches given to modelling clubs where children are registered to initiate children to modelling.

I would be pleased to help you, unfortunately I live in Southern France and I go in Eire only in summer when I'm in holidays.
Kind regards,

Hervé

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Sorry to hear the news Bobbi.

We are a Bit Short on Aerospace Museums here but you could try the suggestions below

you could list them here and some chaps may be interested in buying a few bits n bobs off you or contact Paul Walsh in the Model Shop Dublin and he may offer you a cash for the Job lot.

I dont have a number for Paul but someone may add that onto the thread.
Cheers

George

jaydee

Postby jaydee » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:31 pm

Hello Bobbi,
My sympathies on your loss.
If it is any help I recommend that you look at The Exchange section and have a look at some of the For Sale posts there.It might give you some ideas as to how a list of items on offer could be put together.Manufacturer,Scale,description etc.

Regards,Jim.

Return to “"Hello! My Name Is..." New Members Introduction”