Somewhere in France............

Spud

Re: Somewhere in France............

Postby Spud » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:22 am

Yes that was a big mistake. The mig mud drys rock hard no need for varnish to hold it :)

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:21 am

Looks like you're learning a lot out of this Paul. I always admire those who have mastered the arts of pigments, washes, mud, dirt etc, etc. Not an easy thing to get right but it's fun to experiment. Keep it going though as it is coming along.

Vinny [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:07 pm

im calling this one done for the time being

ive got to the point where i dont know what else to do without the risk of ruining it....i also need a break from it, intend on coming back to it after a while......might be good to approach it with fresh eyes

im not happy with the mud and im really not happy with the grass....the grassinator didnt work as expected

there will also be a part 2 to this as it will be used in a World War 2 GB in Feb

a few pics, one with a tank on to give it scale

Spud

Postby Spud » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:59 am

the ground could do with some more tones to make it pop . also some streaking on the house will help, get that sucker dirty :D

once you get the tank built and come back with fresh eyes you will be able to finish it

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:19 am

Spud wrote:
once you get the tank built and come back with fresh eyes you will be able to finish it

thats the plan.....i just need a break from it then return when i have more of an idea where to go

the plan is to do either an anti tank gun with some troops in action around it or a flak panzer

at the minute im just scared of doing something and spoiling it all cos i dont have the experience of this sort of thing

martay

Postby martay » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:18 am

Ya deffo take a break man, i just mentioned in another post, i did the last small sub while takin a break from the maskin on the stuka :D defoo the ground needs a bit of motteling or some kind of applied shades in patches to give it a less flat look, its a great start tho , the shades you used are nice and with a bit of patience it could be a really nice piece, id love to give some buildings a go soon, crap ive just given myself another obsessional focal point :lol: i look forward to part 2 of this :o)b
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

Spud

Postby Spud » Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:39 am

dont be affarid of it, grab it by the balls and have Fun with it this is how we learn and if you need any help just ask. ;)

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:21 pm

and now for part 2.....

i did this for a dio gb somewhere............the next gb the site has is a third reich one ......so it seemed a good idea just to carry on and marry the two together

ive had a major mojo loss since xmas so im going to keep this simple

hope you can imagine where this is heading

one of these i picked up years ago for not a lot

2 sprues, 1 for the gun, 1 for the crew

then add a couple of figs from this lot

vw8243

Postby vw8243 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:57 pm

Hey Beowulf
that lot would go well for an early war france dio ,mg on one side and pak on the other ,Id go for the mg team on the guys shoulder ,gives that feel a blitzkrieg :oDY
Image Image

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:05 am

thats the sort of thing im thinking of.....snag is those two figures are ones i dont have, so i plan on using the prone mg team with a few running up behind, maybe some sandbags with the pak behind

Return to “AFV Dioramas”