Red Army Roadside Briefing

BrIAN332

Red Army Roadside Briefing

Postby BrIAN332 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:47 pm

Here is my 1/35th scale diorama which includes Tamiyas IS2 tank and figures by Miniart and Tamiya at a roadside briefing somewhere on the road to Berlin in 1945.The maps are also by Miniart,as is the country road base and wall. The base was fixed in place to a picture frame for extra height and better display purposes.Extra detail accessories included in the diorama include empty Panzer IV and Tiger 1 brass shell casings,Tiger 1 ammo crates,jerry cans and fuel drums all from Tamiya.I also added extra stowage to the IS2,a mix of gear from Tamiya,Miniart and Trumpeter.The Russian slogan decals on the turret are also by Trumpeter.

I was very pleased with how this diorama turned out which started off as a diorama in the Russian group build using Miniarts Russian field kitchen and soldiers at rest but ended up as this one which i much happier with as i felt was too much empty space on the diorama with just the field kitchen and them figures so i will make a smaller base for them sometime in the future :idea:I will def be making more Russian WW2 armor and figures as well in the future.

So here are some pics of the diorama in its finished state.

Cheers,Brian :o)b

DAVY

Re: Red Army Roadside Briefing

Postby DAVY » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:19 pm

Great dio there brian one of your best keep up the good work :DX

michael

Postby michael » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:18 pm

Great dio Brian really lively... :DX

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:34 am

A fantastic diorama Brian and it was great to see it up close at the meeting. All the details add so much to the visual enjoyment of it. You should be very proud of this one. :DX

Well done and thanks for sharing with us.

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:39 am

Cheers lads,i am very pleased with how this one turned out and how it all came together in terms of layout.The Miniart country road base was a great diorama setting and i might get another one sometime in the future for a German themed diorama with a Panther or King Tiger and figures :oX

Brian :o)b

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:47 pm

brilliant............you really have got this wet mud effect sussed

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:30 pm

Thanks Paul,a lot of getting right is trial and error and thankfully this one came out just how i had imagined,i didnt want an overall wet muddy look as the truck dio,just at the back there by the wall, and to be honest i am more happier with how this one turned out :)

Cheers,Brian :o)b

Return to “AFV Dioramas”