BLITZKRIEG.An Urban Diorama WIP 1/35

BrIAN332

BLITZKRIEG.An Urban Diorama WIP 1/35

Postby BrIAN332 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:21 pm

Lads,here is a few shots of another dio i have on the go which will depict a scene from an urban street area after the Luftwaffe have done their work and the infantry assualt troops have moved in to mop up resistance during the Blitzkrieg which was unleashed on Poland in September 1939.The main vehicle for the dio is Tamiya Hanomag sdkfz251/1 halftrack and troops that came with the kit.I also will be adding a few more figures from my stash which will be of use for this dio.The base and buildings are from Great North Roads,a company which makes great kits,buildings,bridges,roads etc for dioramas.The base and buildings are ceramic as oppsosed to plastic for a change,brilliant for extra realism.I also got some loose bricks for adding extra rubble to the dio also form GNR.I also used small stones which i have for extra rubble,some also added inside the bombed damaged buildings.

There is a lot more work to do to this one yet with obvious painting of the halftrack,add the tracks etc painting of the figures and put them in their final positions,for photo shots they are just placed around.Ive the initail painting of the ruined buildings and rubble and the pavement sections done and will be doing a lot more using pigments for a dark dusty look which i like for my dios.I will also be adding window frames,shattered glass etc to the buildings and some work on the interiors.Street lamps,shell casings etc will aslo be added in time.

I had a choice of vehicles i could of used for this dio,Panzer II or III but for depicting the troops in action the halftrack was the best choice.

So here are some work in progress shots so far

Kits used

Urban Diorama basework
Extra rubble added on pavements and at buildings and on the street

Tamiya Hanomag and Combat assault troops
Last edited by BrIAN332 on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Vinny

Re: BLITZKRIEG.An Urban Diorama WIP 1/35

Postby Vinny » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:28 pm

Oh you're treating us again Brian! :P You're a very busy man. Great work so far on the base... I really like the wet patches to add a bit of variation. And all the extra bricks add more live and interest to it. Very, very cool! Great attention to detail as always.

I shall be watching the progress on this one with interest. [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

Thanks for sharing!
Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:24 am

Thanks Vinny,had this dio base in the stash for a while and the Hanomag as well so got time recentely to make a start on this one,will try and achieve a good sense of action with this one and make the buildings and street well bomb damaged and plenty rubble in the scene as was in reality,hopfully anyhow :)

Brian :o)b

DAVY

Postby DAVY » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:18 am

Looking forward to seeing this one when its finished :DX

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:02 am

Thanks David,will be a while yet anyhow before this one is ready for inspection,but im happy with the start anyhow ;)

Brian :o)b

martay

Postby martay » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:58 pm

man i love that street dio peice its the job, this should turn out to be a very cool bit of work, you are never far from the bench man, fair play to ya, keep up the good work bro.
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:19 pm

Cheers Marty!,i like to have a few projects on the go esp dios.This one i had in mind for quite a while , i have a miniart base/building in the stash that was going to use but went with this one instead as i think the two bombed buildings add more to the overall scene and the half track and troops look more effective in a central role,hope to get some more done with this next few days :)

Cheers,Brian :o)b

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:56 pm

Some more progress on this one mainly on the base/groundwork for the diorama.Window frames from my stash of miniart spares were added to the bombed out buildings and also whats left of the floorboards were added,these are also are from miniart.More rubble was added to the diorama groundwork,using small and larger rubble,building it up gradually to the amount that i want and am pleased with the amount of rubble now but will prob add more before the final scene is set.A damaged lampost again from miniart was also added.

Next up will be painting and weathering of the Hanomag itself and painting of the assault troops and deciding on their final positioning in the dio.I have ordered some more German figures and one or two of these will also be making an appearance as well ;)

So some progress shots showing the extra rubble in its unpainted state :oX

Materials used for rubble including 1/35 bricks from Great North Roads

Window frames added,floorboards,lampost and more rubble.

More to follow soon :oDY

Cheers,Brian :o)b

DAVY

Postby DAVY » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:59 am

Looking great that dio Brian looking forward to end product :o)b

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:24 pm

Brian, you're attention to detail is second to none! It really pays off and this is really shaping up to be another top-notch diorama. That gravel really makes a difference to filling up around the bricks. It looks very natural and random.

Floor boards and broken window frames are an excellent touch :o)b

Looking forward to the next installment.
Vinny [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

Return to “AFV Dioramas”