German Steyr 1/35

BrIAN332

German Steyr 1/35

Postby BrIAN332 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:18 pm

Lads,here is my tamiya german steyr type 1500A/01 military transport vehicle in 1/35 in a diorama that i put together for the model meeting at marks on the 26th.The setting is somewere in europe in the early days of the war and this german communications steyr and its radio operator an NCO are awaiting orders for the next move.The steyr itself is a dream build as always from tamiya,painted in the standard german gray .I added the radios and aerials and some stowage to the rear of the vehicle to give it that 'lived in ' feel.The vehicle was dusted up to the look i was after.

The base,cobblestones, and section of ruined building are from miniart,weathered over n over to give it a nice dark and dusty look,dark and grey look is what i wanted,the lampost is also from miniart from the spares box.The main part of the base is MDF cut to size.

The two figures are also from tamiya and some weapons and equipment and few maps were also plucked from the spares box.I enjoyed doing this one as always with all my german vehicles and dioramas,and had great FUN in the process :D

Thanks for looking,Brian :o)b

DAVY

Re: German Steyr 1/35

Postby DAVY » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:29 pm

EXCELLENT WORK :DX

Spud

Postby Spud » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:45 pm

gota Love the Styer. Fix the Wheel btw :P

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:39 pm

Lovely looking model Brian... looked gret in the flesh at the meeting. Excellent work! :DX You better fix that spare wheel or Spud will never let you rest :lol:

Thanks for posting!
Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:21 pm

thats nice...........

...................and small :lol: always amazes me where you dio lot put your creations, i certainly aint got the room

martay

Postby martay » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:23 pm

lovely piece, great to see it up close last night it really looks well, and thanks for the help with my project mate :D
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:14 pm

Cheers lads,i enjoyed doing that one,had the steyr built a while back and the idea for the dio just took on a mind of its own,that miniart piece was for another project but i thought be perfect for the steyr,one of favorite german vehicles,i think there is another spare wheel in the boot but spud cant see that one :lol: [smilie=hypnotised.gif]

beowulf wrote: always amazes me where you dio lot put your creations, i certainly aint got the room

:) i had cut the MDF base to make sure fitted in on the shelve Paul along with the others :oDY

martay wrote: thanks for the help with my project mate :D

No problem Marty,hope them pieces come in handy,ill go tru some more spares and see what also i have that might be useful :o)b

Cheers,Brian :o)b

Return to “AFV Dioramas”