Academy F-4 1/48

Post your aircraft build topics here.
Scanlan

Academy F-4 1/48

Postby Scanlan » Sat May 07, 2016 12:50 pm

After my Tiger paint disaster, I'm going back to the planes. I'm getting a little bored of churning out a Spitfire a week so I'm trying something a bit more ambitious. Can you have too much detail? Personally I think you can ,it's really only good for photos like this, you'll never see it after it's finished. My ipad isn't up to better photos.
Cheers, Owen

Vinny

Re: Academy F-4 1/48

Postby Vinny » Mon May 09, 2016 10:46 pm

I've been waiting for this thread since I saw you added this to your stash recently. Really looking forward to seeing your skills on this one. Excellent start! The details look superb!

Vinny [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

Lego

Postby Lego » Tue May 10, 2016 12:12 pm

Owen,

You churn out a spitfire a week? Impressive.

Love what you are doing with this. Is that just the basic kit? I have two eduard ones so I am looking forward to how you do on this.

[smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

Scanlan

Postby Scanlan » Tue May 10, 2016 5:44 pm

Lego wrote:Owen,

You churn out a spitfire a week? Impressive.

Love what you are doing with this. Is that just the basic kit? I have two eduard ones so I am looking forward to how you do on this.

[smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

Well, not really but I make a lot of marginally impressive models when I would like to be making a few very impressive models (hopefully). No it's the Eduard kit alright, Academy plastic, that cockpit is all Eduards work, I can't really take much credit for that. It's a wonderful kit though except for the landing gear goes in so early, just asking to get broken along the way. I didn't put them in though, I hope I can get them in later somehow. The landing gear and the undersides are both white though, so painting them in place should be easy enough.
Cheers,
Owen

eoinfinnegan

Postby eoinfinnegan » Wed May 11, 2016 10:16 pm

Fantastic job on the cockpit, I have that kit in the stash so will enjoy following your build

Return to “Work In Progress”