GARDA Twin Squirrel 255 Mach2 1/72

Post your aircraft build topics here.
d_anonymous_modeller

Re: GARDA Twin Squirrel 255 Mach2 1/72

Postby d_anonymous_modeller » Thu May 05, 2016 8:17 pm

Filed & sanded the hardened Milliput to shape.

Then a few light coats of Mr. Surfacer & fine tune the shape.Still needs a bit of touch up in a few places.Another dry fit for a sconce of the progress.

Adios,
Anon....

d_anonymous_modeller

Postby d_anonymous_modeller » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:08 am

Hi lads, a quick update on this build.

For the twin engine section I'm trying out something new to me.I got a sample of Balsa Foam from Spud.Thankyou Peter its great stuff to work with.It's like a finer honetcomb ala Cadbury's Crunchie but not as tasty.Cut to size & the two halves joined by double sided sticky tape.

Sanded to shape stage by stage.

I removed too much on the bottom lower sections so will use filler to fill the area & continue to sand to shape.

The engine section was given a few coats of Mr. Surfacer to seal the Balsafoam & eventually get a smooth finish on the part.Also the bottom section was removed .It will be built up with filler once connected to the fuselage.

We had a BBQ during good weather so after the food was cooked a length of Albion Alloys finest 4mm brass tube was also put on the barbie.Then when it was nice n hot it was bent using a vice/vice grips & a nail stuck in the tube.Low tech but its all I could come up with for the job.The tube was then cut at the bend so I had two tubes with equal angles or thereabouts.

These were marked,then cut,grinded to shape & the inside also ground down to a finer edge using the power tool again.

Here's what they look like loosely fitted.

Current state of the Squirrel with most parts just loosly fitted

Thanks for looking chaps,

Anon...

martay

Postby martay » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:51 am

Well done Anon, thats a fine bit of work you have done on this one. Its starting to take shape now alright, was wondering how you were going to manage the rear section. looking forward to seeing how you finish this off :o)b
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

BKirwan

Postby BKirwan » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:40 pm

Great work with the balsa foam. I actually thought it was some after after stuff you had bought.

Enjoying this one taking shape.
Regards

Brian

eoinfinnegan

Postby eoinfinnegan » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:26 pm

Your doing cacking work, well done

Return to “Work In Progress”