Tamiya 1/16 world war 11 infantry

Post finished models here. Polite and constructive comments please.
JayCub

Tamiya 1/16 world war 11 infantry

Postby JayCub » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:28 pm

for the guys that paint figures i have great respect for, this is something im trying to improve on so any advice is most welcome

Tom

stephen8718

Re: Tamiya 1/16 world war 11 infantry

Postby stephen8718 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:52 pm

hi Tom nice work on the figure. i am in the process of getting the same figure ready for priming myself. lots of seam/moulding lines to get rid of first.nice work with the face as the flesh areas will be my nemesis. last 2 1/16 figures i done i camoed up the face and made a balaclava for the other to avoid doing a bad job on the face.

Spud

Postby Spud » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:01 pm

lol Steven thats one way to hide a bade paint job :D

Jay, if you like figures the best advice i can give is get Painting a 1/35 Scale Figure with Acrylic Colours you can get it on Historex for £11.50 the process covers all scales not just 35th scale. i was like you wanting to improve my figure painting this helped and my stuff looks better because of it.

As for your figure the one thing that stands out is the splinter on the camo is too thick. I done it on this guy its not perfect but the ide is to not be heavy with the brush not an easy job :) viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2078

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:10 pm

stephen8718 wrote:hi Tom nice work on the figure. i am in the process of getting the same figure ready for priming myself. lots of seam/moulding lines to get rid of first.nice work with the face as the flesh areas will be my nemesis. last 2 1/16 figures i done i camoed up the face and made a balaclava for the other to avoid doing a bad job on the face.

Thanks Stephen a balaclava never thought of that :D

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:15 pm

Spud wrote:lol Steven thats one way to hide a bade paint job :D

Jay, if you like figures the best advice i can give is get Painting a 1/35 Scale Figure with Acrylic Colours you can get it on Historex for £11.50 the process covers all scales not just 35th scale. i was like you wanting to improve my figure painting this helped and my stuff looks better because of it.

As for your figure the one thing that stands out is the splinter on the camo is too thick. I done it on this guy its not perfect but the ide is to not be heavy with the brush not an easy job :) http://irishscalemodeller.com/forum/vie ... =48&t=2078

Thanks Spud, maybe i would have been better putting on thin layers, i used Tamiya mixed as i didn't have the vallejo for the base, but it definitely looks off, thanks for the feed back, maybe next time all white for a winter camo :lol: but i would like to refine my figure painting, seen some fabulous work done by the guys here, i have the painting guide for world war two figures and Amazon sent me two, so if anyone needs one let me know
Tom

Spud

Postby Spud » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:03 pm

yea tamiya are much for painting with a brush., you cant beat vellajo for that :)

and i wouldnt say no to that :)

jaydee

Postby jaydee » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:51 am

Almost missed this for some reason. Figure painting is without doubt the most difficult aspect of the hobby and the larger the scale the harder it gets. Hats off to those who attempt it and when it's done well there is nothing to beat it. :DX

Return to “Ready for Inspection”