Spud's Busts ...........

Post your build topics here.
Spud

Spud's Busts ...........

Postby Spud » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:43 pm

OK i prob scared more people off with that header than i should have :D

I'm just going to keep these 2 guys in this Topic because i will jump from one to the other.

So what are my Bust Size i hear you ask.........

OK maybe not, but there Both Young Miniatures 1/10

British Tank Crew with the Winter over coat/jump suit thingy, And British LRDG in North Africa.

Now First off im using Chris's Fantastic SBS on face painting over on SMA,
http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/index.p ... 806.0.html

So with that i will be using Oil.... Scary but should be easier to blend than acrylics, I hope,

Anyhow here is the Busts Box Art

Tanker

LRDG

Now mine Will not look anything like that ::) or even close to it but its All about Fun and learning how to paint these guys.

Now Pics of what i have so far.

So i Started with the Tanker AKA Action Man. I started with the Eyes and Man this has to be the hardest thing i have Even done took me 5 attempts to get them to look like this and they look Crap this close in but to the human eye they look Perfect.

Skin base coat is a Vallejo Skin tone and that's why im Calling him action man his looks and the skin tone make him look like one :)

Next up LRDG

This guys eyes were harder to do because he is kinda Squinting and again up close they look shocking but they do look pretty good when we aint looking so close,

Skin tone for this chap is brown sand and a touch of sunny skin tone to lighten it a shot, After all he is in Africa,

The beard on this guy will be fun I recon but im looking forward to it,.

Thanks for Stopping by and if you have any help you are willing to share please do so as this is the one area of modeling i really want to improve upon.

Right this must be my Longest opening post to a topic so ima shut up now.

vw8243

Re: Spud's Busts ...........

Postby vw8243 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:04 pm

H i . P.
Very nice the eyes on the first guy are looking great. are the heads stuck in? as it will be a pig to get in at the coller of the coats or shirts later ,so you might get those done before you go to the trouble of doing the flesh tones you wont want to mess them up later.sort of work your way out 'o| if you know wat i mean 8oS .
Image Image

Spud

Postby Spud » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:26 pm

Na Leo there just sitting in place, i Redone the second guys eyes this morning and put some Klear over them to give them that wet look. and they look better First guys are still better but the others guys look good when not in macro :)

Now i has an update as i forgot to post that here last night :).

This is the result after the first stage of oils and im pretty Happy with what i see.

Spud

Postby Spud » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:50 pm

those were the wrong pics,

this are the proper ones

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:16 pm

Man he looks like he's after shaving with the broken bottle r summit.

good work though, Would not have the patience to do these at all so fair play Spud.

G
Cheers

George

Spud

Postby Spud » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:31 am

lol, its great fun and better than building a kit im having a blast and im gona get another few of these guys ;D

Spud

Postby Spud » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:05 am

there not that bad George, the hardest parts is the eyes and the rests is quite relaxing and time fly's, now i just need to wait for it to dry before moving to the next stage, so ill give it a week and see what its like, but in teh mean time i can word on the other head and the body's

vw8243

Postby vw8243 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:10 am

.P.
great work the fleshtones are very convincing , and you got that second guys eyes done , for his stubble you might try a light dusting of pastel mix while the oils are still wet . but very light youll see as you go along?
Image Image

Spud

Postby Spud » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:13 am

I'm going to le the beard until I have the skin tones finished so I don't mess it up :)

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:27 am

These a very cool Spud! Excellent work so far. I always admire figure painting with all those tones. The skin tone is coming on nicely. I really like the LRDG fella. Are you going to give him a ciggie too?

Looking forward to seeing the progress. [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]
Vinny

Return to “Work In Progress”