MPC Spiderman 1/8

Post your build topics here.
d_anonymous_modeller

MPC Spiderman 1/8

Postby d_anonymous_modeller » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:58 pm

I picked this up at Telford & as soon as the kid saw it I got grief to build it there n then,so of course I started it.It was first released in 1979 & re-released in 2012,tis a snap kit so "no glue required".I'd believe it,I test fitted a part & no way would it budge,it would break first.Its got 37 parts in red & blue plastic with a base to pose the spidy fiend or you can stick him onto a wall.I'll use glue of course & paint.

Top section glued first as well as feet & hands,this is a bit of a pain as you have to keep pressure on to get a tight fit as the glue dries.

Top section complete & Milliput used to fill the fairly big gaps.These are due to the snap sections being too long in some areas.

Some of the gaps.

Top complete & filled.

Next up connect the bottom section,then more glue & filler time.Cheers for looking,
Anon...

martay

Re: MPC Spiderman 1/8

Postby martay » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:55 pm

some mad gaps there alright Jim, you have patience man, it will be one not seen too often with that amount of work gone into it already, should deffo be diferent :D
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

Simson

Postby Simson » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:12 pm

surface detail looks not bad at all
I'm sure you'll manage to make this a seamless build...same size as the paper ironman?

Dennis

d_anonymous_modeller

Postby d_anonymous_modeller » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:42 pm

Cheers Martay & Dennis,the Spidey Fiend is tryin my patience alright.It goes together pretty quick but "mind the gap" slows ya down.Its bigger than Iron Man Dennis,when finished it'll be 8 inches tall.There are better models of Spidey out there now but this chap is the origional Marvel comic book Spidey.
Adios Anon...

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:31 am

The Real Spidy suit had gaps in it to allow the spider gu come out. You will have to start again. Are you gonna give this one a white wash to highlight the web? Looks mad.
Cheers

George

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:49 am

Excellent! This is something different anyway. Good move painting it yourself as it'll look far better and lose that pastic look. Nasty gaps for sure but I see you sorted them with your beloved Millliput.

Georgeconna wrote:The Real Spidy suit had gaps in it to allow the spider gu come out. You will have to start again. Are you gonna give this one a white wash to highlight the web? Looks mad.

:lol: Don't mind George, he'll be telling you to light it up next! Shouldn't it be a black was to make the web like the cartoon?

Looking forward to seeing how you get on with Spidey.

Vinny [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:07 am

You could Fill it with toothpaste and have a squeezing them on his foot and the paste comes out like the real Deal!!!Mad. The white web was for Sundays only. It was his best suit.
Cheers

George

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:15 am

[smilie=rofl.gif] Don't be giving him ideas! Some web would be nice though.

d_anonymous_modeller

Postby d_anonymous_modeller » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:34 pm

Cheers lads,lights,toothpaste,webs what more can a Spidey look for?Great ideas :lol:
This Spidey bugger is fighting me all the way.He wont win though,my power is strong.
I made a booboo by cutting a bit off the 3 internal snap parts & made them too short so only one worked a little.So I glued the leg parts together & connected it to the top section.Then glued the seam lines along the outside forcing the parts to line up & reduce the gaps.Her he is under a bit of pressure.

Here you can see a nasty gap in his calf muscle.

Still more gluing for the bottom half to do & then glue both halves together & fill the gaps with filler & strips of plasticard.
Cheers for looking,
Anon.....

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:46 pm

Keep up the fight dude, you'll beat him into submission eventually! [smilie=pdt_box.gif]

That gap on the calf is bad alright... a nuisance but should be easy to fix.

Vinny [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

Return to “Work In Progress”