British Paras on Tour (de France)

BrIAN332

British Paras on Tour (de France)

Postby BrIAN332 » Tue May 24, 2016 9:13 pm

Ok time to share some pics of another small,ish fig dio ive been working on. British Paras somewhere in the Normandy region , on their own Tour de France, ive a few title names but for now going with that one :D

When i started making the base for this one somewhere in a Normandy setting i a few ideas what i was going to place on it, a Kubel maybe or some German troops on patrol but then i decided on doing a British Para typed scene.

While going to order the Tamiya set of figs with the bikes over the weekend , i was in Marks on Friday and they were in stock, i could have bought the whole Tamy restock [smilie=tasty.gif]

Cheers to Wayne for saving me on postage :D

Sweet set of figs from Tamy with lovely detail on the bikes, excellent poses just perfect with thr room i have available on the base where they will be fixed.

The base i used was one ive had for ages and was just perfect for the set up of the scene. I used the old reliable Italeri church ruin , with the hedgerow material from Treemendus, this stuff is absolutely brilliant to work with and so natural looking , and i also used some static grass from Marks.

Setting the layout

I added on more hedgerow, bushes and also added in some discarded German equipment, empty panzer IV shell crate and some trusty jerry cans, the groundwork is yet to be finished......

Ill prob ditch the sign but maybe some roadsigns could find there way in, who knows as ideas come and go with me all the time during the building process

Also toying with the idea of having a German LURKING behind the ruin , but ill prob just go with the Paras :o|

And how looks with my other figure dios which i worked on in recent times

Ill prob add in some more discared equipment, add more grass here and there and touch up the groundwork but for now happy with how turning out and i dont think ive enjoyed doing a dio so much as this one, for a modeler who does mostly German and Ruusian subjects doing something British is a nice change

More soon ..............

Brian [smilie=thumb.gif]

Vinny

Re: British Paras on Tour (de France)

Postby Vinny » Tue May 24, 2016 10:50 pm

Absolutely class Brian! Great idea and I really like the odd shape of the base.

Superb work as always! :DX

Vinny [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Wed May 25, 2016 12:19 am

i like this

i agree about the odd shape.......cos its long and thin sort of draws the eye, works really well

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Wed May 25, 2016 8:23 am

Cheers lads, the base is actually a stand for a Native American indian knife that i have which got on hols ages ago, it was perfect for the base with the church ruin on one side and the paras on the laneway,with the height of the ruin then reducing down to the hedgerow on the other side, i always try do a dio this way,im no expert but i think laying out the composition this way works somehow visually.

Ill be staining and sanding it up more in time and will also be putting a framed backdrop photo behind this one .

Plans are already being made for another Para dio to go with this one and with the amount of figs on the market im going to do one with the Paras Welbikes as well with these, some or all , chaps all on my shopping list now

:idea: :idea: :idea:

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Wed May 25, 2016 10:16 am

BrIAN332 wrote:,im no expert

could have fooled me! [smilie=tease.gif]

you might want to check out broncos website again, i know they have just announced some new releases and theres two new sets of paras that you dont have pictures

vw8243

Postby vw8243 » Wed May 25, 2016 6:08 pm

That worked out well for ya Brian very nice , will we see a horsa with all them figs after telford [smilie=yikes.gif]
Image Image

jaydee

Postby jaydee » Fri May 27, 2016 11:41 am

Very,very tasty Brian and the use of this base is inspired. :o)b

You had me going for a while when I saw that the heads were missing in the first few photos.I thought that the phantom headhunter had struck again before you had even finished. :shock:

Return to “Dioramas”