"Time out for the tankers"

BrIAN332

"Time out for the tankers"

Postby BrIAN332 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:08 pm

Ive had this excellent set of Masterbox card playing figs in the stash for ages and was deciding on a base/setting in which to use them and decided to go with this set up of them playing cards by the ruins of a church presumably in the early glory days of the Blitzkrieg and they are taking a well earned break after a long days push into the low countries.

Real Deal

The setting for the scene is the excellent church ruin building by Miniart, , im just using the ruin so will have the base in the stash for a future project..

The base I used comes from a Tamiya/Italeri combo set, the church ruin fitted perfectly onto the base.

Accessories include jerry cans, fuel drums etc to add to the scene and for essential detail and to fill any unwanted gaps and empty space which I think is very important in any diorama.

I also added some vines growing up the wall of the church ruin, ill be adding more as the build continues...

:oDY

Spud

Re: "Time out for the tankers"

Postby Spud » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:35 pm

love the weeds growing up the Church

Vinny

Re: "Time out for the tankers"

Postby Vinny » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:43 pm

You're the man for the detail Brian! As Spud pointed out, those weeds on the church are a very nice touch. I like this dio as it's a good contrast to the other one you're working on with the lads hiding behind the walls ready to pounce.

Great stuff!

Vinny [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

Return to “Dioramas”