"Kurland Armee"

Stoertebecker

Re: "Kurland Armee"

Postby Stoertebecker » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:07 pm

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah thought that since I'm a bricklayer by trade an'all that...
But I also thought that most walls and ruins you can buy are too regular and straight and most of all thought of starting back in to modelling with the thing I had the most confidence in being able to get done in some sort of form.... O:o)
Next up were the finishing touches on the group of soldiers, something I am not too confident in yet, but it's all trial and error isn't it??
So here the guys that will make it onto the dio....
....before the coat of semi gloss...
...and after, now with a nice shine...
PAK and gunners will be up tomorrow, and hopefully I'll have the final dio finished by dinnertime tomorrow just before the footie...
Thanks for having a look!
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild,
dass er beschützt und hegt sein Wild,
weidmännisch jagt, wie sich's gehört,
den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Stoertebecker

Postby Stoertebecker » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:57 pm

And the time has come to have it finished. Considering it's the first diorama and model/figures for about 25 years I am actually pretty happy. I'll have to work on my figure painting skills, fading eyesight and a not too steady hand will have to be compensated by the proper tools. Weathering is also something I slowly have to feel myself into, as are the Ammo colours. Dunno 'bout you guys but they don't really come out that great for me when I try to airbrush them.... Any helpful hints on that be appreciated...
Anyway, here's the so far finished dio....

Nothing really by the standard I've seen on this site, but I reckon I'll get better with every build, and after all it's doing and building it that makes this hobby so attractive to me.

Thanks for having a look, and double thanks for any help and pointers ye might wanna share with me...

vw8243

Postby vw8243 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:25 pm

Stoertebecker

some very nice work there some great detail .
got to agree wit ya on the detail on some buildings they dont look real,
that makes doing your own all the more fun,.
wat are those jeweela thingys??

leo
Image Image

Stoertebecker

Postby Stoertebecker » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:17 am

Them juweela thingys... When I was trawling the interweb looking for some dio material I came across a shop in germany that sells all sorts of building material in scale. The manufacturer is a company, I think they're dutch, that do bricks, cobblestones, kerbstones and all that sort of stuff. They're called juweela and I ordered a rake of bricks and stuff, thinking it might be a great idea for detail. Never thought about the amount of work going into a yard of cobbled footpath though....

Return to “Dioramas”