"Walking Wounded" :German Wehrmacht 1/35

BrIAN332

"Walking Wounded" :German Wehrmacht 1/35

Postby BrIAN332 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:02 am

So I was messing around with this one over the last few days, another small little dio involving one of my trophy bases and some figs again, same as the sentries scene im still working on as well, nice to have a few projects on the go :D

This one as the title suggests involves some walking wounded German troops somewere in Normandy or thereabouts anyhow,, who knows.....

As a base I used one of the bigger trophy bases and as a backdrop for the scene I used the old classic Italeri church window which actually comes from a Tamiya/Italeri collaboration set I had in the stash

Setting the scene,i just used the main part of the church as space is def at a premium and again using static grass as the basis for the groundwork it looks just right

I then formed a bit of a muddy path in the grass

The figs I intend to use are a combo of two sets from Dragon figs from the stash of which I have way way to many boxes :roll:

And how they should look walking on the base, not sure on placements....yet but def the two lads from the medical set at the back anyhow looks best ,I think

How will look as part of the trio of small dios ive planed next to the sentries and other, as yet empty base , but the lads below could be forming a nice little grouping on that one as I have another Italeri church window in the stash :shock:

So hopfully tomorrow get some serious painting done on these lads, more weathering , some groundwork and rubble around the base, but as with the sentry based scene really happy with how its shaping up

Brian [smilie=thumb.gif]

Vinny

Re: "Walking Wounded" :German Wehrmacht 1/35

Postby Vinny » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:52 am

Great idea Brian! A simple yet powerful scene. The muddy groundwork is a speciality of yours now and looks excellent! I think this triple concept is very cool and they should look fab next to each other.

I'm looking forward to seeing this come together.

Cheers!
Vinny [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

Spud

Postby Spud » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:40 am

thats Sweet Brian. those small Scenes are class and just perfect for getting some modeling and painting done,

tsweeney

Postby tsweeney » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:55 pm

Brian Great start I like the overall concept of your diorama. Looking forward to the finish Good job so far

Tom

martay

Postby martay » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:31 pm

Excellent stuff man, they will make a really stunning set
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:32 pm

Thanks lads, managed to grab some bench time here and there over the last while and make some more progress on these walking wounded German troops.

The glory days of the Blitzkrieg are now all but a distant memory for these German troops as they head to the field hospital to be patched up and fight again another day.

I added in some more static grass on the groundwork and also added in some battle debris such as jerry cans , empty shell casings etc, ill be adding in more before im finished as a good root through all my spares boxes is due for things that i know that are there which will be ideal for this :idea:

Thanks to Leo for the donation of some hedgerow material which i added in at the back of the church ruin to try and give it that abandoned, overgrown look, im going to buy me a load of this stuff when i get to Telford as it is just class and realistic looking

Some paintwork on the figs themselves, as im sure ive stated before im no expert figure painter,but for my skill level im well pleased with em,i still must pick out the fine details such as equipment, insignia etc etc :o0

Ive a lot Red Cross decals in the stash that im trying to think of some way including in the scene somehow, signpost maybe, not sure yet, maybe leave them out altogether

So overall good progress made but still a lot to do on the ruin, figs etc before im totally happy with this little scene

Brian [smilie=thumb.gif]

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:25 pm

Brilliant stuff Brian! :DX Always a man for details and I'm glad to see this has continued in this dio. Nice work on the grass and groundwork. It looks great with all the junk mixed in!

Looking forward to the next update.

Cheers!
Vinny [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:19 pm

Cheers Vinny, i forgot to post up the pics after i added some more overgrown hedgerow around the church ruin :roll:

I think thats prob enough vegetation now,maybe some more grass here n there and also some more shell casings, i wanted add some more discarded jerry cans but the way the figs will be fixed in position just wouldnt look right, so more shells it is ;)

jaydee

Postby jaydee » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:41 pm

There`s no fear of the standard slipping around here. :o)b

BrIAN332

Postby BrIAN332 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:36 pm

More work on this one as well and nearly finished, just to still touch up small details and fix the figs in place

I added in a discarded metal fence in the overgrown church ruin, this comes from the Miniart spares box which i always find useful bits n bobs.

I also added in a dog which i found and added in with the figs walking along for some extra interest :)

And as part of the trio of small dios......with the other one coming up next post :oX

Brian [smilie=thumb.gif]

Return to “Dioramas”