The Southern down South - 3rd Rail South East England - Norfield

Georgeconna

The Southern down South - 3rd Rail South East England - Norfield

Postby Georgeconna » Wed May 10, 2017 10:54 am

Hi all,

As time Marches on I was sitting in the Man cave looking at some railway stuff and decided to get my arse in gear and make something to actually run some stock on.

Now I spent many a Holiday with my Nan in Tunbridge Wells and Maidstone and my Grandfather used to by a driver on the Steam and Electric on the Southern Region and since 1 Y/O I have been on many a visits to the Bluebell Railway in Sussex which cemented my Southern Favoritism so here we go.

The Layout is based around Heathfield in Sussex, This Station was on the Cuckoo Line which was closed in the 60's but I liked the Station and area at it has some nice Character.

This is it now :(

Anyhow the boards were made last month , these are 12ft x 2ft for the Scenic Area, the fiddle yards have not been started just yet. I will be able to section the layout so hopefully it will be able to make an exhibition or 2 at some stage.

I have been messing around with a Track plan so what you see laid out is not tacked down but will most likely be the plan I will settle for. Cant wait to toast a whiskey to the Grandfather and to sit down watching him driver by in Miniature. whoo whoo!!! chuf chuf chuf...whoo whoooo

Cheers

George

jaydee

Re: The Southern down South - 3rd Rail South East England - Norfield

Postby jaydee » Thu May 11, 2017 2:16 am

Lovely work George. Great story to it as well. :o)b

Return to “Layouts”