ESA Rosetta kit.

Post finished models here. Polite and constructive comments please.
Georgeconna

ESA Rosetta kit.

Postby Georgeconna » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:08 pm

First for me space wise, Managed to pick this up at the Science fair in Cork today along with the boffin figure to set it off. It is a model of the current space topic to hit the headlines with the probe landing on the Comet.WOW. Who could not resist this then.

I used the resin add on inserts for the Computer equipment but then buttoned it up, Its there you will have to take my word for it, Unfortunately the Etched brass add ons for the Solar panels did not arrive so these were not included this time bit I picked up a second kit in Anticipation of those arriving any day soon

Kits comes with Decals and Extra side panels which you can pose if your want and also camera pod which I think I just threw in the Fire....Dam..

anyway heres a few pics, Comment and Criticisms welcome.

Box Art. looks class!

Decal Sheet

Finished build.

Optional Panel Added

Antenna would be set off with mesh really.

and here with are with the bonus pack of the Boffin fugure,

All in All a fairly simple build, Disappointed it did not come with the Probe itself but that's where the Aftermarket guys will clean up. The Etch will set in place the whole 9 yards when it comes but for now this is going on my Bedroom Ceiling! [smilie=first.gif] Telford here we come...

Cheers

George
Cheers

George

Lego

Re: ESA Rosetta kit.

Postby Lego » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:47 pm

[smilie=banana.gif]

Love it

d_anonymous_modeller

Postby d_anonymous_modeller » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:43 am

Class George.I believe they released a sleeping version yesterday complete with Eduard fabric pillow.
Anon....

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:20 pm

[smilie=rofl.gif] Good stuff! At least you managed to get through this build without throwing it in the bin! This will ease you back into modelling again. How did you find the build? Was it a shake and bake like a Tamiya kit or did it fight you all the way? The etch set for this would really set it off.

Cheers!
V [smilie=thumb.gif]

Return to “Ready for Inspection”