Republican Star Destroyer

Post your model build topics here.
Dyno

Republican Star Destroyer

Postby Dyno » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi folks,

Here's a Sci-Fi work in progress to get rolling...

It's a Republican Star Destroyer that I've been tipping away at between builds...

As you can see, I've got the superstructure built and basic paint-work almost complete.

I've still got turrets and engines to add and then some washing and weathering. I know, I know, what weathering does a gd spaceship need, I don't know, maybe it goes sub-atmospheric! I'm more used to building AFVs that have gone through the Crytpon-Factor's assault course. I mean I have to bring the contrasts out on it and make it look, well, used!

Eoin

Spud

Re: Republican Star Destroyer

Postby Spud » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:13 pm

you going to light this Eoin?? they look cool all light up, altugh wel out of bounds for me, She is looking sharp and i say weather it, it looks too clean ;D

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:17 pm

Sweet! I like this Eoin. Yeah, very difficult to come up with weathering for this one... maybe some laser damage? :D You could try applying a filter over it to vary the colour a little but then a wash just to bring out the details on the entire surface... especially on all that side structure. This will add some nice depth to it. Looking forward to seeing the progress on this.

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

Dyno

Postby Dyno » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Hey Spud,

It's too late for lights, Im', afraid. The hull is all closed up. I've the rear section to add and a shed load of engines, but no LEDs. Good idea though.

@ Vinny- its way to light and plain and boring as is, so I'll need to put at least a few washes down to make it look mean.

Eoin

Return to “Work In Progress”