New Fouga Magister decal sheet now available

Model related discussions about wingy things.
maxdecal

New Fouga Magister decal sheet now available

Postby maxdecal » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:44 pm

Max decals is pleased to announce that the new Fouga Magister decal sheet in 1/72 scale is now available to purchase direct from our store at

http://www.maxdecals.com/Maxdecalsshop.html

The sheet features Fouga Magisters from no less than 11 former operators of the type including Algeria, Bangladesh, Cameroon, El Salvador, Finland (6 options no less!), Ireland (Silver Swallows aerobatic display team), Katanga, Lebanon, Morocco, Senegal and Togo. It's a treat for fans of small air forces and the decals are suitable for all the Fouga Magister kits in 1/72 scale including those announced recently by MPM and Valom together with the existing Heller and airfix kits.

The Fouga Magister sheet costs 14 euro including worldwide postage.
Selected subjects from this sheet will be scaled up to 1/48 scale for the new kits from Kinetic and Avant Garde.

To celebrate the launch of this new decal sheet we are temporarily reducing the price on what must be the definitive book on the Fouga. Fouga Magister- An Irish perspective is the perfect reference for those that wish to add plenty of detail to their Fouga models. The book can be purchased from Max decals at 15 euro each plus postage.

Best regards,

Joe

Vinny

Re: New Fouga Magister decal sheet now available

Postby Vinny » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:38 pm

Not exactly sure where to put this (and it's not worth making a new topic for it) so I'll stick it in here.

Just a FYI, that in this month's (May) issue of Military Illustrated Modeller there's a nice 6-page photo walkaround and article on the IAC Fouga Magister.

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:45 am

Thats a cracking Decal Sheet Joe, Will pick one up in May at the IMSS show!!
Cheers

George

Lego

Postby Lego » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:10 am

Have to say I just don't understand why people get wood looking at this plane. I actually think it is hideous but I am a bit weird because I think the A-10 Warthog is a beauty with all that junk in the trunk. :D

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:42 am

i can think of so many uses for that sheet, lots of whiff potential :D

modeller

Postby modeller » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:21 pm

Vinny wrote:Not exactly sure where to put this (and it's not worth making a new topic for it) so I'll stick it in here.

Just a FYI, that in this month's (May) issue of Military Illustrated Modeller there's a nice 6-page photo walkaround and article on the IAC Fouga Magister.

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

I saw this in WHS yesterday and I have to say It is not a publication I usually get as the cover price is £6.50 :shock: when most other modelling mags are £4.50 but I just couldn't resist the wakaround article.

My wingman kit of the 1/48 Fouga CM.170 R Magister with Irish Air Corp markings (for all six aircraft ) arrived from Germany on Thursday the timing was perfect. This is a Kinetic kit reboxed with extra resin and cartograph decals...... The kit makes two complete aircraft

Veni, Vidi, Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

modeller

Postby modeller » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:34 pm

Lego wrote:Have to say I just don't understand why people get wood looking at this plane. I actually think it is hideous but I am a bit weird because I think the A-10 Warthog is a beauty with all that junk in the trunk. :D

I don't "get wood" as you put it but as a car modeller when I cam back to the hobby I got bombarded by aircraft modellers at my club and at shows so after a while I caved in and started building some aircraft but I wanted to build IAC versions and the Vampire and the Fouga are the iconic jets and the Fouga was still in service when I was a lad... it's distinctive 'V' tail was so exotic to me as a kid and in my growing collection of IAC aircraft the Fouga is my favourite.... [smilie=first.gif] (the Seafire III is a close second :o)b )

There are of course aircraft I like as much as the Fouga but they were never flown by the IAC, aircraft like the Harrier GR.1/GR.3 and the Saab Viggen for example

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:16 pm

Cor, 2 kits in the box, Its crazy you cant get that in your LHS FFS. Just Daft...I would pic up one for sure..
Cheers

George

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:36 pm

Very nice kit John, I read about it in a review online. I'm sure a lot of lads on here will appreciate that kit. I just can't understand why they put two kits in the box like Kinetic. I know it's a repop but couldn't they have cut the cost of the kit by just including one model in the box? Plus they could have just bought half the amount from Kinetic. Also, there's only extra resin and etch for one model. Really makes the second kit a lesser model straight out.

The walk around in that magazine makes it worthwhile for those who plan to model the Fouga. It's a good mag all round for some inspiration but I think there are better mags out there for less money that actually teach modelers the tricks.

Lego wrote:Have to say I just don't understand why people get wood looking at this plane. I actually think it is hideous but I am a bit weird because I think the A-10 Warthog is a beauty with all that junk in the trunk. :D

I'm with you on that one… the A-10 is a beauty! [smilie=wub.gif]

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

modeller

Postby modeller » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:32 am

The kinetic kit (with 2 full kits) works out at £20 per kit not bad for a 1/48 kit with PE set and open & closed canopy options.

The Wingman version has resin upgrades (the seats look awesome) and paint masks and of course the cartograph IAC decals covering all six aircraft in service from 1975 to 1998... full colour painting guides for each decal option incl. the Luftwaffe and a couple of sheets of full colour photos walkaround.

The only disappointment is while it has two full kits in the box it only has resin for one.

Return to “Aircraft Modelling Chat”