Something to get the IAC lads a little excited...

Model related discussions about wingy things.
Vinny

Something to get the IAC lads a little excited...

Postby Vinny » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:46 pm

New to me…

1:32 Fouga Magister by Daco Products. Joe Max will no doubt be working on decals :D

More pics over at Daco's website www.dacoproducts.com

Lots of potential to go to town on this one and build the ultimate IAC Magister… seeing as we've see them pop up in all sorts of scales recently!

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

PlasticPaddy

Re: Something to get the IAC lads a little excited...

Postby PlasticPaddy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:26 pm

Good news [smilie=thumb.gif]

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:40 pm

i don't build planes but i do appreciate what the guys that build them do, and this looks incredible, the fact there is no rudder on it. a two seater and short and just packed out with a lot of instruments camera's and i like the sleek look. It was good to see something different, is this a concept design ? or are they in service.

Tom

d_anonymous_modeller

Postby d_anonymous_modeller » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Hi Tom,
the Magister is a 1950's design built by Fouga who built gliders- hence the sleek aerodynamic lines & lightweight.The V Tail or Butterfly Tail is unconventional in that the aft surface combines the functions of both elevators and rudder with low drag.It was designed as a jet trainer & also used as a close support aircraft with 929 built in total.The Irish Air Corps flew 6 of them between 1975 & 1999.I don't think any Fougas are in active military service anymore but some are still flown by civil operators on the airshow circuit.One cool fact about the Magister - every access panel can be opened with a 50p coin.Still no sign of this DACO kit yet Vince.
Anon...

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:25 pm

d_anonymous_modeller wrote:Hi Tom,
the Magister is a 1950's design built by Fouga who built gliders- hence the sleek aerodynamic lines & lightweight.The V Tail or Butterfly Tail is unconventional in that the aft surface combines the functions of both elevators and rudder with low drag.It was designed as a jet trainer & also used as a close support aircraft with 929 built in total.The Irish Air Corps flew 6 of them between 1975 & 1999.I don't think any Fougas are in active military service anymore but some are still flown by civil operators on the airshow circuit.One cool fact about the Magister - every access panel can be opened with a 50p coin.Still no sign of this DACO kit yet Vince.
Anon...

Thank you for the information, its great to know people who know the background and now im a little wiser, its one of those that catches the eye and a little off of the norm, and i would have been wrong guessing the age, and one i would like to see

Cheers
Tom

Return to “Aircraft Modelling Chat”