PS Waverley

Post finished models here. Polite and constructive comments please.
kpnuts

PS Waverley

Postby kpnuts » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:23 pm

Hi all I started off on plastic airfix kits then found you could get plans and build kit from scratch, for years after I only built scratch built till about 4 yrs ago when someone bought me the academy type I tiger tank, this was the first plastic kit I had built in over 20 yrs I was immediately hooked I loved how quickly you could build one compared to scratch building ( the longest it's taken me to build a plastic kit is 5 months (quickest scratch build 18 mnths)not touched a scratch build since (I'm sure I will get back to them eventually but enjoying kits at the moment) anyway here is my last completed scratch built ships.
I've since sold it to an engineer who worked on her, and we're enjoying watching a 55 inch 3 d TV with the proceeds (obviously nowhere nerve what it cost me to build but we enjoy the TV every day can't say the same for the model)

Georgeconna

Re: PS Waverley

Postby Georgeconna » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:25 am

Wow, I was on that for 10hrs last year with me dad, the engine room is something to behold! Any video on the net of your model underway? Loving that, do the paddles feather alarm the trailer ones or did u make them from scrath also?
Cheers

George

kpnuts

Postby kpnuts » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:16 am

Yes the paddles do feather, unfortunately no video the shot of her in the pool was to be videoed (showing off to my boss, she took that very moment to snap a drive shaft) so I was left with egg on my face.

d_anonymous_modeller

Postby d_anonymous_modeller » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:51 am

Man alive that's very impressive KP.Welcome to the forum.
Anon...

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:36 pm

She's a beauty! The lights are a very nice touch.

Thanks for posting.

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

jaydee

Postby jaydee » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:21 am

Excellent modelling indeed. It's one thing to build a static model but a working one takes it to the next level. [smilie=thumb.gif]

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:01 pm

That's just a fabulous build, a real talking point where ever its shown, class act

Tom

Return to “Ready for Inspection”