Maudsley's Paddle Steamer Engine 1827

Post finished models here. Polite and constructive comments please.
beowulf

Maudsley's Paddle Steamer Engine 1827

Postby beowulf » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:42 pm

Airfix Maudsley's Paddle Steamer Engine of 1827

didnt quite know where to put this, but since its a steam engine for a paddle boat this is as good a place as any

when i started this i was really looking forward to it.....by the end i was glad to finish it!....not the greatest of kits fit wise, theres bit that foul when it moves

i did plan on giving it a wash to pick things out but i just couldnt be bothered in the end, just glad to finish it and move on

back in the day Airfix intended this to be motorised, came with all the fittings for a little battery powered motor......now its hand powered lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Flfv1q8piI

jaydee

Re: Maudsley's Paddle Steamer Engine 1827

Postby jaydee » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:21 am

It looks the part though,don`t be too hard on yourself.

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:27 pm

It looks great Paul! :DX Very usual subject too. You can always revisit later to add a pin wash and oil/grease stains.

Well done!
Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

martay

Postby martay » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:17 pm

looks god to my eye, as Vinny said a bit of dirtying it up and some washing will bring some life to it, not airfix's best effort but you did a fine job on it.
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:53 am

thanks guys.......i will return one day just to give it a wash on the brass bits to pick out the nuts and bolts and the such like..............its been such a pain paint wise (the base and the wheel were buggers to paint.....each has been stripped several times and im still not happy with the quality of it) that i just wanted to get it done and out of the way so i could move on......i hate having half finished kits, very rare i have one.....with this and the mini and the meteor on the Shelf of Doom i was starting to get annoyed with myself

Return to “Ready for Inspection”