Revell Type VII C/41 1-144

Post finished models here. Polite and constructive comments please.
martay

Revell Type VII C/41 1-144

Postby martay » Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:11 am

Hi guys, i got this one over the finish line tonight, had to re-do the front rigging wire as i snapped it while moving it to the display shelf, well done Martay!! Lots of cursing later its repaired and all good here are a few pics of her, quite happy with this one, lovely kit and a joy to watch it come together.
Thanks to all who view and have supported along the way :o)b
M

And a shot of the display stand with all the finished ones so far

Ive room there for a couple more, so expect to see more sub's in the future
Thanks for looking :oDY
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

BrIAN332

Re: Revell Type VII C/41 1-144

Postby BrIAN332 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:08 am

Brilliant work Marty, love the display stand of all the subs lined up, very cool, look forward to seeing some more in the future man [smilie=thumbsup02.gif]

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:25 pm

Outstanding result Martay! [smilie=first.gif]

Love the shading and weathering. The display stand you made for it is very clever and there's room for a couple more small subs on there. They look fantastic together.

Well done man, brilliant work all round. :DX

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

martay

Postby martay » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:52 pm

again thanks guys, im well happy with the display and its cool to watch people looking at it in the dining room, its not one bit obvious at all he he. Im working on another type VII B at the minute and ill update the thread soon.

jaydee

Postby jaydee » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:40 am

Absolutely excellent Marty,the display is worthy of a museum.It would be hard to top this.Masterclass standard. [smilie=bow.gif]

One question,what did you use for the small balls on the cables ? I`m not sure what they were used for,possibly for adjusting tension or whatever,but they are hard to reproduce in this scale.

michael

Postby michael » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:11 am

Marty lovely model and great display of more lovely models. Great idea for the display not to take away from what is being displayed. So in summery great work all round. [smilie=banana.gif] :DX [smilie=bow.gif] :o)b

martay

Postby martay » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:09 pm

Thanks very very much for the support lads it is much appreciated, i did the weights, i think they are weights like the balls they put on power cables to keep them stable in winds, could be wrong its something i should look up, using a thick humbrol enamel paint applied in blobs to the wire in two or three layers until i felt the looked right, simple enough really Jaydee, and thanks again both of you for the kind words.
M

Return to “Ready for Inspection”