Academy Titanic

Post your model build topics here.
michael

Re: Academy Titanic

Postby michael » Sat May 12, 2012 11:39 am

That is looking class, was going to put up photos of my cutty sark but not now.....well done can't wait to see it finished...

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Thu May 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Ok tiny steps with this baby this week, I have come to the conclusion the Humbrol white is sh1t.

Heres the aft deck with the fittings on it as a dry run. I have drilled out the ventilation thingys to give them a bit more depth.

Heres the aft deck with a few fittings stuck in and etch handrails. The dude is a 1/72 pilot.

Some more work tonight I hope.

Cheers

George.
Cheers

George

Spud

Postby Spud » Thu May 17, 2012 10:59 pm

I don't think he is the right scale George...... Apart from that it looking mighty fine

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Thu May 17, 2012 11:26 pm

[smilie=woo.gif]

Now that is looking amazing George! Love it [smilie=wub.gif] The etch is the nuts. It makes a massive difference alright. This is going to a beauty!

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Fri May 18, 2012 12:53 am

should be, can help thinking of poor Kate Winslet in that car though. yes please :o|
Cheers

George

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Sun May 20, 2012 12:50 am

Ok stil on course with this one, Some frosty looks from the missus as she has not seen me for the past couple of hours. Man I should be having pints. Well done Chelsea too!

After a masking disaster where the tape peel some white paint form the walls I had to strip the deck with fairey power spray to remove the enamel paint and re done the paint.

Heres the pointy end, oops I mean the bow with the wooden deck on and the hatch's being test fit.

I swore I would not drill ports holes but shiver me timbers I done a few. The white side walls are test fit only.

Using Blu tak to hold the small parts I sprayed up some more of the deck fittings.

I also taked deck 1 with some of the walls, I noticed there was a lot of sink holes so these have been tackled with MR Surfacer. The spit is hiding in the blue lunch box drying!!

Probably my favourite part is gonna be the chimneys. Here the 4 done. the Black tops are test fit. I have to put in guy ropes and paint the inside black and obviously the outside.

Heres a Chimney sitting where it eventually will rest. Oh Just remember I forgot to number them Buggar. :o8

Thats all folks

G
Cheers

George

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Sun May 20, 2012 1:10 am

Very nice dude... VERY nice! We're those portholes not drilled out? Did you add the missing ones to the back?

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Sun May 20, 2012 1:13 am

Nah there were just indentations in the plastic so the drill look would of been better, Spose I have to do the stern ones now since you told everyone there missing a few. Darn :cry:

off to kip now, Dam need to clean the airbrush.. @o)

G
Cheers

George

Chris S

Postby Chris S » Sun May 20, 2012 1:16 am

Great stuff George !! Taking shape nicely ,I like the decks ! . Your daughters is very nice too ,tell her I said ..well done [smilie=thumb.gif]

Chris.

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Sun May 20, 2012 1:19 am

[smilie=rofl.gif] Sorry G! Anyway, there's no point in going all out on lovely wooden decks and then not bothering to drill out the portholes at the back... you'd never forgive yourself!

C'mere, I was watching a documentary on it the other night... is there a visible expansion joint on the model? Should be in or around the centre.

Return to “Work In Progress”