Maudsley's paddle steamer engine of 1827

Post your model build topics here.
beowulf

Maudsley's paddle steamer engine of 1827

Postby beowulf » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:16 pm

and now for something completely different

no idea where to put this so since its an engine for a floaty boaty thing ive put it in the ships section

i have problems at the moment as i dont have an airbrush so whatever i make has to be painted by rattle can or hairy brush, and realised this can be done like that, and since i really fancy doing something different and i did get this for crimbo, its the next thing on the bench

one thing i wasnt impressed with was although the whole kit was sealed in a bag there was a sizeable number of parts broken off the sprues

vw8243

Re: Maudsley's paddle steamer engine of 1827

Postby vw8243 » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:51 pm

Hey Beowulf
That is a bit different wat kind a scale is it.

spose its a bit too big for 1/35 could get an eagle has landed dio out of it ? .

one thing i wasnt impressed with was although the whole kit was sealed in a bag there was a sizeable number of parts broken off the sprues .

:oops: prob one a them gits trying to nick bits for somit ...
Image Image

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:25 am

I now see what you mean when you said you have more variety in models planned :lol: It's very different for sure but will give some great opportunity to do old metals, maybe a bit of rust, and some oil and grease staining.

Will be following the progress of this one.

Cheers!
Vinny [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:22 am

Vinny wrote: will give some great opportunity to do old metals, maybe a bit of rust, and some oil and grease staining.

actually, no........its nearly all painted either black, green or red.....a few bits are brass with the crank 'polished metal', after messing about doing a dio i want something clean without washes or grime or weathering [smilie=rofl.gif]

martay

Postby martay » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:37 pm

Interesting id be thinkin how to get the bits to look like the cast steel id say it was prob made out of, i wouldnt think it was milled? or would it ? hardly. nice thing to try though look forward to seeing how it turns out, can you motor it and have it running?
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:19 am

martay wrote:, can you motor it and have it running?

i would say that years and years ago when it first came out it was motorised....theres a sprue of bits thats not used or mentioned which look like they would hold batteries and switch gear and cogs, its now 'hand powered'

martay

Postby martay » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:27 am

OHhhh, go on ya gotta see if you can plop a motor into it, [smilie=tasty.gif]
Man with hand in pocket, feel cocky all day

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:32 am

martay wrote:OHhhh, go on ya gotta see if you can plop a motor into it, [smilie=tasty.gif]

lol, i cant, the base has slots in it for the on/off switch......already blanked them off

ive got a 4 stroke single cylinder engine to do which is cut away so you can see the piston going up and down and valves going in and out.....might see if i can motorise that one

Return to “Work In Progress”