Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale

Post your vehicle build topics here.
kpnuts

Re: Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale

Postby kpnuts » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:49 pm

Moving along now, still a long way to go though, but at least it's looking like a bike now.
Not happy with the oxygen sensor wires I think they're too thick, they're networking wires I don't have anything thinner, any suggestions.

arni

Postby arni » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:16 pm

Try Hiroboy for wiring.
Nigel.

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:19 pm

Superb job so far Ken! :DX Always great to see a model take form and knowing it's approaching the final stages.

Vinny [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

kpnuts

Postby kpnuts » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:30 pm

Hi all well I've got to say I'm very disappointed with the hardware upgrade kit. I'm not an engineer and I don't have a box of assorted small diameter bolt hexnuts or assorted rods but Paul seems to think anyone buying his kit has them I now have to try and find some threaded rod for the foot pegs, anyway whingeing aside the heal guard is missing the attachment hardware Paul suggests to make sure you can get the centred you cut the heads off the bolts and glue them in place allowing you a chance to centre them 
On closer inspection looking at the rear of the part there are two lugs where the bolts go through on the real thing which if drilled from the rear gives you the ability to centre them also giving you the realism of having the bolts sticking out the back once added
The top bolt on this bracket as supplied is a Philips screw.
Paul's solution is to cut the head off a socket screw and glue it over the screw
Oh it's nowhere near finished mate.

kpnuts

Postby kpnuts » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:14 pm

Hi all finished the rear suspension and made the rear stand as this thing is getting heavy and is not very stable standing on only it's rear wheel and the exhaust

kpnuts

Postby kpnuts » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:18 pm

I really love this kit. I'm working on the handle bars, there are more parts in just these bits than in some 1/24 car kits I've built (I'm not looking forward to the tiny decals)(They supply all the decals there are on the real bike) it has working break and clutch levers and a working throttle.

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:28 pm

Amazing detail :o It's some impressive model so far. Great job, keep it up! :o)b

Vinny [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

kpnuts

Postby kpnuts » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Hi all I've done one of the handles (the decals are tiny even with my magnifying lights they were difficult to place) 
I've added the cable and wiring that's missing.

kpnuts

Postby kpnuts » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:55 pm

Hi all I've finished one handle.

kpnuts

Postby kpnuts » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:53 pm

Hi all well this has been on and off half a dozen times as I couldn't find a way for the clutch reservoir horizontal then I checked some ref pics to find it's at an angle on the real bike. I was getting so stressed trying to get it level and horizontal, I'd have been pulling my hair out if I had some.

Return to “Work In Progress”