And just for size comparison here it is along side a calor gas fire
The instruction manual
It's really well packaged
And here is the Paul Koo upgrade kit
I'm not allowed to start it till my birthday on the 26th of next month though (although I wasn't allowed to open it then);)
I will probably being upsetting the purists among you as it won't be the box colours it will be a custom job.
I decided to start on the exhaust as it has been noted as the worst fitting part of the whole kit, this thing is huge the bit of the exhaust I've started is the length of a 1/24 car and that's basically just the down pipe. So here is the start of this massive kit, I must say I'm buzzing with excitement.
I've plugged some of the screw holes
Then decided to add the first missing detail, the welding seam on the curved outside and inside section of the exhaust (i will add the weld seam round the other side when its finally attached to the rest of it)
I've not glued the two sections together yet to make drilling of the holes for the oxygen sensors easier.
There's loads of detail you could add just to this part and I'm going to try and add it all, I did say TRY.
also I've added the thickening where the oxygen sensors go
(its made from the phillips screw covers from a bedroom unit)
made a start on the engine too. Added some weathering as well. Put a rule in the last pic to give an idea of the size of this beast.
Added some more engine details like the generator wires
So onwards and upwards
I've made the springs for the exhaust too.
Done some more to the engine
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests