Mercedes Actros

Post your vehicle build topics here.
arni

Re: Mercedes Actros

Postby arni » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:29 pm

What about giving he fifth wheel black/greasey wash? even if the truck is mint the coupling would not be clean.
Nigel.

LiamD

Postby LiamD » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:04 pm

True, how is it done.
'One of these days I will get my eye in'

arni

Postby arni » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:16 pm

LiamD wrote:True, how is it done.

just mix thinners with paint,take a tammy jar washed out and fill %80 with thinners and literally drop paint into it to suite,you want at most 10% paint in the mix.

Then just 'wash' it on with a brush - try on some scrap first - chrome grille is best.
Nigel.

LiamD

Postby LiamD » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:39 am

:oops: Nigel, got very little done this week, off to Aviva tomorrow to support Munster, so that kind of knackers the week. Will try harder next week

LiamD

Postby LiamD » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:15 pm

No more excuses, decals arrived during the week, I suppose I need to let the top coat dry for a couple of days, so hopefully will be finished in the next fortnight. :oops:

arni

Postby arni » Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:49 pm

Looking good Liam,are you going to clear over the decals? if so leave it a couple of days befor clearing - learned that the hard way!
Nigel.

LiamD

Postby LiamD » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:38 pm

Woops, gave it 24 hrs, hopefully will get away with it. Thanks for the tip.

arni

Postby arni » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:20 pm

LiamD wrote:Woops, gave it 24 hrs, hopefully will get away with it. Thanks for the tip.

Should be ok,the thing that I mentioned was a DTM Mercedes and some of the decals crinkled on me - my fault for being impatient! :shock:
Nigel.

LiamD

Postby LiamD » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:46 pm

Discovered today that its probably best to use alcad brush cleane/thinners with alcad paints, was wondering where the tiny particals where coming from under the tamiya paints, it appears to me tamiya thinners doesn't clean the air brush 100% or thats my theory. Bought a sonic cleaner today, did get some bits out of the brush but will have to clean the brush better in future although I do give several run throughs of tamiya thinners when cleaning or maybe even get a second brush for alcads.

arni

Postby arni » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:13 am

LiamD wrote:Discovered today that its probably best to use alcad brush cleane/thinners with alcad paints, was wondering where the tiny particals where coming from under the tamiya paints, it appears to me tamiya thinners doesn't clean the air brush 100% or thats my theory. Bought a sonic cleaner today, did get some bits out of the brush but will have to clean the brush better in future although I do give several run throughs of tamiya thinners when cleaning or maybe even get a second brush for alcads.

[smilie=first.gif]
Nigel.

Return to “Work In Progress”