VOLVO FH16

Post your vehicle build topics here.
JayCub

Re: VOLVO FH16

Postby JayCub » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:52 am

nice work and slow is a good thing, as the proof is in the photographs, and the dialogue helps to appreciate the build, nice paintwork you would think you where a professional at it, i must give Alcad a try out, i really like the detail

Tom

LiamD

Postby LiamD » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:29 pm

Spent a couple of hours this eve making up a jig so I can route these out when needed, hopefully will have a few finished trucks to put on them very soon, a bit of stain and topcoat and its finished. The reason I made these was I learnt the hard way, too much touching and bits get damaged or broken off very easily, so when finished the trucks are going to be mounted on these.

'One of these days I will get my eye in'

LiamD

Postby LiamD » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:35 pm

JayCub wrote:nice work and slow is a good thing, as the proof is in the photographs, and the dialogue helps to appreciate the build, nice paintwork you would think you where a professional at it, i must give Alcad a try out, i really like the detail

Tom

Evening Tom,

Spray cans are easy, and what you see to on the chassis and most parts are spray cans. Airbrushing I am finding not so easy but I will master it, just not sure when :D . In fairness I found the alcad was easy enough with the airbrush, going to try grey primer under the aluminium as opposed to black the next time, I think the finish was just a little too dark on what I expected it to be. [smilie=banghead.gif]

LiamD

Postby LiamD » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:35 pm

Finished at long last :-)

arni

Postby arni » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:09 pm

Very nice. [smilie=first.gif]
Nigel.

LiamD

Postby LiamD » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:36 pm

Cheers Nigel, working on a Renault at the moment, well not quite at the moment, still no power after Mondays storm.

Return to “Work In Progress”