Ferrari F2001, Tamiya, 1/20th scale

Post your vehicle build topics here.
beowulf

Ferrari F2001, Tamiya, 1/20th scale

Postby beowulf » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:19 am

next thing i plan on doing is this

been quite while since i did an open wheel race car, F1 is a sport that really does not appeal but i can appreciate the engineering involved

might be a week or so before i make any significant progress, kinda busy and occupied with something else at the mo

Vinny

Re: Ferrari F2001, Tamiya, 1/20th scale

Postby Vinny » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:30 am

I do love a good F1 car build so I'm looking forward to this one Paul. Will be following for sure!

Thanks for posting!
Vinny [smilie=pdt_popc1.gif]

Ferraribod

Postby Ferraribod » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:20 pm

Hi
Just a point to note on this model - I started one a few months ago and I thought it was going really well until I was at the latter stages. I had assembled the body, filling in the seams and painting the body as I went; including fitting the engine air intake. I fitted the body and the engine/rear suspension to the floor; then I assembled the engine cover. But when I fitted the engine cover onto the model, I had a very large gap between the engine air intake and the engine cover. I went back to see if I had done anything wrong - but could find nothing. Then I went through the web looking for others who had built this particular model. Every site I found with photos of a completed version of this model showed pictures with the engine cover off! I then found another modeller who had a similar problem - a very large gap. I suggest you do dry fitting to find out how to do it right.

Vinny

Postby Vinny » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:08 pm

That's a right PITA! [smilie=wall.gif] Have you come up with a solution? Is there a way to add plastic to the cover so that it fills the gap? Hopefully this build hasn't stalled.

Vinny [smilie=thumb.gif]

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:58 pm

it hasnt stalled.....i just cant post pics cos my laptop is kaput.....hopefully get it back in the next day or two

beowulf

Postby beowulf » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:00 pm

finally after everything going on in my life recently i can get to post some pics!
made significant progress with the Fezzer, must admit im just not into this kit at all and look forward to finishing it just so i can get onto something else....think its cos its not gone as planned and its not a subject that interests me much

Return to “Work In Progress”