The kit is pretty good overall but with one major issue, the wheels are hollow, no wall on the inside. Simple fix in this case was decorators filler, on the plus side then is that the drainage slits are moulded open.
I made a few alterations and additions. I drilled the mooring points and added four more using wire. Used wire again for the towing d-rings under the bow. I didn’t like the steering wheel so I replaced it with one from the spares box. Thread was used to replace the plastic ropes on the fenders. No windscreen wipers were provided so I used Hauler Etch ones.
The decals are excellent including one for the dashboard. Used Vallejo set and medium for same.
Paintwise I used Tamiya Olive Green and finished with Vallejo Matt Varnish.
As you'd say, "on the ball"!
other small bits and pieces.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest