1/72 Italeri Valentine MK.1 Tank North Africa 1942.

Post finished models here. Polite and constructive comments please.
jaydee

1/72 Italeri Valentine MK.1 Tank North Africa 1942.

Postby jaydee » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:31 pm

8,000 of these tanks were produced in eleven marks during the war. This model had a crew of 3,weighed 16 Tons and was used by the British,New Zealand and Soviet armies.

One of the very few early British tanks of good quality it was both tough and reliable. However it was lightly armed with a QF 2 Pdr (40mm) main gun.It also had a Besa 7.92mm M.G.

I was unable to find the tank in a kit on it's own so had to buy it as part of a set. However it is nicely done and went together easily. It uses link and length tracks with good detail. One error were the side skirts that were completely wrong so I had to fashion a smaller form of track guard instead. The decals are very good also. I replaced the kit guns with ones by Aber,very nicely done too.I also used an RB wire aerial. I used Alasticum wire to make handles for the front hatches and engine covers,I also made a rear view mirror as it is not included in the kit.For the paint scheme I used Vallejo Iraqi sand as I think it looks the part. All done I'm happy enough with it.

stephen8718

Re: 1/72 Italeri Valentine MK.1 Tank North Africa 1942.

Postby stephen8718 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:59 am

nicely done. lot of detail for such a small kit. i have forgotten how small the 1/72 tanks were that i made loads of years ago. used to love the Matchbox ones with the mini diorama included

jaydee

Re: 1/72 Italeri Valentine MK.1 Tank North Africa 1942.

Postby jaydee » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:38 pm

Thanks for the comments Stephen. :o)b I was in the attic recently and found some of the old Matchbox stuff mostly the diorama bases which were a great idea when you think about it. Still useful and are in my spares box now.

Return to “Ready for Inspection”