Some old pile of plastic - and a bit of copper wire

Post finished models here. Polite and constructive comments please.
jaydee

Re: Some old pile of plastic - and a bit of copper wire

Postby jaydee » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:04 pm

There is a snag, the only one showing is the Stug. And it is one of the best I've seen in a while, class job. [smilie=first.gif]

FiSe

Postby FiSe » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:12 pm

Thanks guys...

I have fixed those 'ghost' images, no idea why they don't want to be visible... Hilde is OK, but as I have no photos of finished Nashorn, that couple of WIP shots will have to suffice for now, before I'll get my camera out again, at some stage.

Ohhh, BTW, maybe I should add that those 8.8cm single round ammo crates decals are designed in house and are now available from Handl M.A. in 1:35 and 1:48: http://www.handl.biz/obtisky-1/popiskyn ... nimnabojem

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:29 pm

i saw the Academy hetzer build by Andy on youtube and thought that is an awful kit, but this one is super so its another to add to my growing list of i must try, i hope you have some more builds to share as they are excellent and good source of inspiration, thanks for fixing the photographs, i have seen it happen on a couple of forums and never knew why, Andy hobby headquarters is good for seeing the latest kits and useful if you have never built a kit
Tom

FiSe

Postby FiSe » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:23 am

I wouldn't go as far as to say that Aca is 'awful' kit, it falls together nicely, no issues during the build at all and it can be get for peanuts....and it looks like Hetzer at the end.
But, just to my eyes, the old Dragon kit looks more 'Hetzer-ish', so if anyone has one or two of these for sale....

BTW, Nashorn pics should be fixed now as well

JayCub

Postby JayCub » Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:02 pm

The Nashorn is a stunner, i really like the way the camo blended so well, overall a fabulous build, i suppose the academy one i had seen built the guy just rushed it as quite a few of the panels were misaligned, and looked to have gaps, two more to add to my wish list now

Tom

This gets better the more i see them

FiSe

Postby FiSe » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:00 am

...slowly, but surely re-vitalising this thread, adding some re-discovered hidden photos in the process... like these of

Tamiya, StuG IIIG, early production, Schurzen and brackets from beer can, Eduard PE set, which is of more generic nature than specific for this particular production variant. I have found photo in 'StuG IIIG Walkaround' booklet of pretty lucky gun and I have tried to recreate it in 1:35 scale:

...or Dragon's Elefant, built from the box, some generic PE thread plate was used for the fenders and some small details added, not too much though - and I have added unit insignia on the front and back since:

Georgeconna

Postby Georgeconna » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:06 pm

Man, Only come across this now, Massive Porfolio of Quality. Which ones did you get some shiney metal for?
Cheers

George

FiSe

Postby FiSe » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:05 am

Cheers, Gorge... Yep, shiny trinklets ;)
I am not sure, quite a few got something over the years, but 2 of them - full interior Hetzer and full interior StuG IIIB, no photos up of it yet - got 'Commended' in Telford, so, most valued, but no silverware ;)

Return to “Ready for Inspection”